Request for adding a smaller map due to a SDCard failure.

Answers

• SadButStillUserSadButStillUser Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Request for adding a smaller map- Cannot format SD card- Add smaller map

My TOMTOM Go 6000 was ALSO bricked during my last update.
    (see hundreds of other commenters crying for help seemingly to no avail)

I think Tomtom need to sign up all users with a small dummy or any map to solve this problem generally.

@VikramK - please sign me up for this fix also. (small map)

Otherwise we all need to write off our devices and downgrade to Google Maps and Android Auto

Thanks
  • viviarneviviarne Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Trawel only in Denmark and Germany, and very occationally Sweeden.
    Is it possible to get a map, covering only theese countries?
    The memory in my Go 5000 is almost full and the device closes down occationally, perhaps due to lack of memory.
  • moleratmolerat Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Buy a premium brand micro SD card, 16 or 32GB, and put the EU? map onto it. You need at least 400MB free on the device for it to work correctly.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,800 Superusers
    edited June 26
    Hi
    @viviarne

On the early NAV4 devices you were allowed ONE Lifetime pre-installed Map... The 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    For the new larger Maps maps wont fit... You need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 9.13GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)
    Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'
    @SadButStillUser

Tomtom are already offering a small Map to users Accounts to install to fix the problem
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card

I've been using a small UK&ROI map to to pad out the memory on my NAV4 devices for years... I hate the 3D Building, But back then, if there was enough space on the device to install the full Europe Map, MyDrive Connect would not allow the option to install the Full Europe Map (Without 3D Building)
    I purchased the small UK&ROI map to pad out the Memory on my NAV4 devices, then MyDrive Connect would allow me to install the Full Europe (Without 3D Building) onto a 16GB Micro SDHC Memory card (I never bothered to update the UK&ROI Maps, just used them for padding)

ATB YFM

Can you please assign a small map to my account?
  • ospringe_turner0ospringe_turner0 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Have the same problem as most after I was warned to install small map which I did as there was not enough room for a full update. I have not used my old Sat Nav Start 25 much due to ill health but was surprised to see now that the problem has been made worse by the Roll over date. Still no SATNAV. Now here's the real problem why hasn't TomTom recognised that I did buy a new TomTom Go 620 and it was delivered 22/12/18. It was registered but TomTom does not recognise it or me but still insists that a buy another. Not likely until I hear from them.
    edited June 23
    HI
    @ospringe_turner0
    (Snip) I have not used my old Sat Nav Start 25 much due to ill health but was surprised to see now that the problem has been made worse by the Roll over date. Still no SATNAV
    The latest update to fix the GPS Week Number Roll-Over for the NAV3 devices has been available since...
    Version 12.075 Released on 26 July 2018
    This update applies to: GO 1000, GO 1005 / GO 2050, GO 1050, GO 1050 World, GO 2405, GO 2435, GO 2505, GO 2435, GO 2505 LIVE, GO 2535, GO 2535 TM WTE, GO LIVE 1000, GO LIVE 1005, GO LIVE 1050 / GO LIVE 2050, GO LIVE 1535, GO LIVE 2050, GO LIVE 2535 M, GO LIVE 820, GO LIVE 825, GO LIVE Camper & Caravan Edition, PRO 5150 Truck, Start 20 / Via 220, Start 25, Start 60 (2012), Via 110, Via 115, Via 120 / Via 160, Via 125, VIA 130 / 135, VIA 1400 / 1405, VIA 1410 / 1415, VIA 1430 / 1435, VIA 1500, VIA 1505, Via 1530 / 1535, VIA 160, VIA 1605, Via 180, Via 220, VIA 260 / 280, VIA All Blacks Edition, VIA LIVE 120, VIA LIVE 125, VIA LIVE 160, VIA LIVE 180
    •Bug fixes and improvements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes have been implemented.
    • This update prepares your navigation device for the week number rollover in April 2019 which has an impact on GPS.

Here Tomtom FAQ...What's new in the latest software for my navigation device?
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/navkit

My NAV3 Via120 Live & GO 825 Live both work fine with NavKit Version 12.075

To check NavKit version....
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Left Cursor once for next page
    Tap (Me and my device)
    Tap (About my device)
    Second line... App Version
    Follow on-screen prompts to exit
    Have the same problem as most after I was warned to install small map which I did as there was not enough room for a full update (Snip) Now here's the real problem why hasn't TomTom recognised that I did buy a new TomTom Go 620 and it was delivered 22/12/18. It was registered but TomTom does not recognise it or me but still insists that a buy another. Not likely until I hear from them.
    Phone Tomtom support United Kingdom
    To sort out your Account on your GO 620
    02079 490 132
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

ATB YFM

i can't format sd card on my device GO500, because of too big map to install on device memory, can you add me a smaller map :)?
  • SparxzillaSparxzilla Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello.

I too am having trouble making my Go 600 recognize my SD card (that previously worked flawlessly) after what I imagine must have been a faulty map update. My SD card caused the device to not start, and when I removed it from the device it started properly again; however without a map.

The SD card works when inserted to a computer and I was successful in reformatting it to FAT32.

Now I am stuck without a map and I cannot format the SD card on the device itself.
    @YamFazMan

Thanks for your answer.
    But where do I GET the free small map?
    (to fit my damn small device) ? :cold_sweat:

My Go6000 came with a lifetime free map.
    I do not want to purchace a new small map, just to gety my Go running.
    That does not seem to be fair to me.

@VikramK @lampard Where do I sign up for the fix
    (Licthenstein without buildings or similar (under 6GB map)) :grin:
    edited June 25
    Hi
    @timheyes @chiller953

I see VikramK has allocated a small Map to your Account
    Install the small Map onto the on-board Memory... Then (if required) format the 16GB or 32GB Memory card
    Install the Full Europe Map (Or appropriate Map) to the Micro SDHC Card
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the small map will also act as a Keeper' (Don't remove the small Map)... The small Map will enable the device to keep running and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM

Hi .
    Same here I just need the smaller map of UK and ROI not enough space for whole map on device .Please.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,797 TomTom Moderator
    @timheyes @chiller953

Done!

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • chiller953chiller953 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you so fast.
  • timheyestimheyes Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @VikramK. Great thanks. Worked a treat.
  • Salvage1Salvage1 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    edited June 25
    @VikramK

Hi,
    I have a Tomtom Go 510 but I am having problems with "No Map not found"

I have lifetime maps

Is it possible to download a UK map only that fits on the internal memory of the TomTom

I cannot see an option for UK Map in "My Content"

Many thanks
    @Salvage1

Added

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • EvdPitteEvdPitte Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    My go 500 also suffers from the lack of internal space in combination with a unrecognized SDHC card.
    Can I have a smaller map so I can format my SD card (Scandisk 16GB SDHC).
  • SparxzillaSparxzilla Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    VikramK wrote: »
    ... Smaller map of UK and ROI has been activated...

Thank you, problem has been solved! :)
    @EvdPitte

Done!

Regards/Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    edited June 26
    VikramK wrote: »
    Smaller map of UK and ROI has been activated.

Answer:
    Here I Go again!

Thanx + Thumbs Up
    B) <3</div>
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online6

6 Guests