Request for adding a smaller map due to a SDCard failure.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,780 TomTom Moderator
    @Sandru

Sorry but we cannot activated maps as per every customer requirements.

The map of UK and ROI is been activated because the device still remains in a working conditions with atleast one map on the internal memory. This allows our users to install a larger map on a memory card in situations where the installation fails and the device shows No maps found.

@edd200sx

A smaller map of UK and ROi is now active. Should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • edd200sxedd200sx Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Thanks vikram
  • doganhanerdoganhaner Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I´m also in the same situation after a failed map update due to a SD Card failure.
    I have a TomTom GO500.
    Can you please assign a small map to my account?

Thanks!
    Hi @doganhaner

Done!

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • doganhanerdoganhaner Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks @VikramK !!

Best regards
  • franko10afranko10a Posts: 29 [Master Explorer]
    New 32Gb Micro SDHC card cannot be seen by tomtom 600 device.

Stuck with original size card which is too small to repair and choose updated map.

Would @VikramK or @lampard please allocate a smaller Map to my account?

Otherwise I will have to send device for repair.

Thank you in advance.
  • franko10afranko10a Posts: 29 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    Solution:

Downloaded small 20mb map (Iran).

Was then able to access TomTom 600 menu.

Took memory card from camera.

Formatted in SatNav.

Now able to download larger Euro map :)
  • radek68radek68 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    radek68 wrote: »
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @chemk75 and @radek68

I have added smaller maps for download. Should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram

@VikramK I have appeared the option to install UK, but I need Spain and Portugal. And I do not see any option to install europe by zones.

Help plisss .....

@VikramK I still have the same space problem and can not install the map. Can you please activate the small map of iberia ?, you have activated the UK map and it is not necessary.
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @tnalves

I've assigned the single Iberia map on your device, please connect and download the map. See the steps here in the comment

Cheers, lampard

Hi @lampard I have the same problem and I have been waiting for a week for the iberia map to activate. It seems that @VikramK has been confused and I activated the map of Uk.

You can do it, I'm unable to use the gps.

Thanks.
  • moleratmolerat Posts: 33 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    edited June 20
    The UK map has been activated purely to keep your device alive. You are only entitled to use the large map you have purchased. You need to get an SD card and download your large map to that.
    @molerat But I bought the device with updates for life, but I can not install them for lack of space. The sd I have never used it and it does not work properly, I've already tried it. I read that you can activate the map of iberia that only takes 2 gb.
    They can not do that like the other users, otherwise I will have to run out of devices.

Sorry for my English.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,808 Superuser
    Hi @radek68

You say in you above post that the SD has never been used yet in a Post you did on the 19th June addressed to @YamFazMan you stated that using the SD Card was much worse. I can only assume from this that you have used an SD card before or if not then you will find there is no worsening of performance.

I have Venezuela as the small map on my unit and the European map on the Extra Memory card and all works perfectly. Bear in mind that small maps are only added to resolve the No Map situation and have no right to lifetime updates unlike the map that came with your unit

Doug
  • ktolesen46ktolesen46 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard

I have exactly the same issue as @LorenzoX had - my SD card was too smallon my GO 400, so I have had to replace it. I do not know why the map om the GO400 got lost !BUT in essens I need a small map to format a new 16GB SD, pls advice how to get that - TKS. in advance !!.
    Hi @DougLap

My English is not very good. I never used the sd until I run out of space, but it doesn't work properly enough to start the gps or not load the map. That's why I'm trying to get the smaller Iberia map, which tells you on TomTom's website.

Hi @radek68

I recommend that you get a Sandisk, Samsung or similar leading make of Micro SD Class 10 Card, size 16gb or maximum 32gb, from a reliable source to avoid fakes. I have Samsung in mine.

Some lesser known makes have been known to not work properly in Tomtom units. Downloading the map you have been give will enable you to format the new card in the Unit for maps. Following that the download should work fine and your Unit will be fully up to date.

I leave the Venezuela map on my internal memory just in case I have a problem and the European map is lost which is problem if you only have one map on your unit which is what you are asking for.

Doug
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi forum,
    I solved my problem, I want to thank everyone who gave me (or tried to give me) help. As Doug said I had to change sd.
    Best regards Mirko.
  • SoloBoneSoloBone Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm in the same position and have tried everything listed above to load a map and format a new larger SD card.

Please can I have some help from the support team so that I can get back to using my SATNAV?

Thanks in advance
    edited June 21
    Hi @radek68

I already posted an explanation here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1654128/#Comment_1654128

@ktolesen46 @SoloBone

Smaller maps have been added. I should be offered for download when the device is connected to a WiFi internet connection.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • ktolesen46ktolesen46 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @lampard
    TKS a lot
    3 click on the pc and you are up running !!!
    It even asked if you want to format the SD card.
    Best regards
    Kristen =)
  • EhtorEhtor Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK @lampard
    Hey, got the same problem. Update got somehow interrupted, EU-Map was deleted and can't format microSD Card.
    Hope you can help me, Ticket Support only sends me pre-written texts since 2 weeks.
    Hi @Ehtor

It will be Monday now I am afraid.

Doug
  • HPDeliveredHPDelivered Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I´m in the same situation. GO 5000, no map, Europe maps available are larger than internal memory. May I please also get a small map activated on my account?

Thank you in advance!

P.S. Can you please investigate a permanent fix for this issue (e.g. small dummy map for all accounts as suggested)?
  • januszpoljanuszpol Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi would you add some smaller map for my GO500 so i could format sd card ? it's makes me crazy...
  • moleratcmoleratc Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @VikramK

I want to put a new "big name brand" SD card into my GO400 but cannot format it due to this issue. Can you please allocate a smaller map to my account so I can do this.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 14,792 Superusers
    edited June 22
    Hi
    @HPDelivered @januszpol @moleratc @SadButStillUser
    I am afraid It will be Monday now before
    The Moderators @VikramK or @lampard reply

ATB YFM
    Help others identify useful content...
    If someone posted something that was helpful?
    Click the 'Like' > 👍 Icon

If someone answered your question?
    Please answer 'Yes' to Did this answer the question? 'Yes' < >' No'

Who's Online85

Dennish
Dennish
Ewaa
Ewaa
mapfanatic
mapfanatic
og36
og36