Poor routing in the morning on the A14 since update v19.101

tron98tron98 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi ,

Since the 6200 update to new software v19.101, route planning for the devise has been poor along the A14 . I travel from Huntingdon to past junction 10 on the M11 at around 06.30am start time
This a route I plan every day around the same time , Now when planning a route to work it keeps on wanting me to come off the A14 and travel the back roads, But if I chose to stay on the A14 and go past the 2 junctions it is trying to take me off, my travel estimate time always drops by about 10 min with no delays shown or experienced. I have done this a few times now.
My device is set up for the fasted route , and to ask me if a faster route comes up , So why is it trying to take me on a route with more miles and 10+ min slower ?
Its been fine up until the update, I have completed 2 drumroll resets to see if it fixes the problems

anyone else have problems ?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,781 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @tron98

Welcome to the community!

I would suggest that you do a factory reset on the device and test it again.

Menu- Settings-System- Reset device

To avoid losing the saved places just do a back up using MyDrive

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • Jason1974Jason1974 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi

Yes I have the same issue. I run from East Yorkshire to Thurrock daily and my sat Nav avoids the A14 after the update.

A few other drivers with different Tom Tom truck navs also has the same issue after the update.

I would say this is a programming issue over a reset your sat nav issue.

Cheers
  • tron98tron98 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply Jason it is all very strange.

Vikramk thanks for your reply

After a full reset and multiple trips it is still routing me off the A14 despite it being a quicker route, it tried 5 times to leave the A14 on one trip going west from huntingdon to the M11 but I Kept on the route and after the last chance it gave me to turn off the route time dropped down 20min.

The unit is doing poor routing even though it knows the A14 is the faster route.

Why is the unit doing this please?