Poor routing in the morning on the A14 since update v19.101 — TomTom Community

Poor routing in the morning on the A14 since update v19.101

tron98tron98 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi ,

Since the 6200 update to new software v19.101, route planning for the devise has been poor along the A14 . I travel from Huntingdon to past junction 10 on the M11 at around 06.30am start time
This a route I plan every day around the same time , Now when planning a route to work it keeps on wanting me to come off the A14 and travel the back roads, But if I chose to stay on the A14 and go past the 2 junctions it is trying to take me off, my travel estimate time always drops by about 10 min with no delays shown or experienced. I have done this a few times now.
My device is set up for the fasted route , and to ask me if a faster route comes up , So why is it trying to take me on a route with more miles and 10+ min slower ?
Its been fine up until the update, I have completed 2 drumroll resets to see if it fixes the problems

anyone else have problems ?

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @tron98

Welcome to the community!

I would suggest that you do a factory reset on the device and test it again.

Menu- Settings-System- Reset device

To avoid losing the saved places just do a back up using MyDrive

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • Jason1974Jason1974 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Hi

Yes I have the same issue. I run from East Yorkshire to Thurrock daily and my sat Nav avoids the A14 after the update.

A few other drivers with different Tom Tom truck navs also has the same issue after the update.

I would say this is a programming issue over a reset your sat nav issue.

Cheers
  • tron98tron98 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for your reply Jason it is all very strange.

Vikramk thanks for your reply

After a full reset and multiple trips it is still routing me off the A14 despite it being a quicker route, it tried 5 times to leave the A14 on one trip going west from huntingdon to the M11 but I Kept on the route and after the last chance it gave me to turn off the route time dropped down 20min.

The unit is doing poor routing even though it knows the A14 is the faster route.

Why is the unit doing this please?
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @tron98

Welcome to the community!

I would suggest that you do a factory reset on the device and test it again.

Menu- Settings-System- Reset device

To avoid losing the saved places just do a back up using MyDrive

Regards
    Vikram :)

No other advice? Or should I just use a map?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,159 TomTom Moderator
    edited September 11
    Hi @tron98

That was a part of initial troubleshooting advise I could have provided on a public forum.

For a better investigation of the problems, I would suggest that this gets reported to the customer service.

Regards
    Vikram

• CJOCJO Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Is this occurring because it is trying to take into account the road works that are being done on the A14 and the delays that these are causing are not being correctly updated ?
    edited September 10
    CJO
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes maybe, I agree there are road works and routing will not be so good but the live traffic should be updated every 2 min
    And should factor it in it's so strange it will want to take me off the a14 with increasing traffic time at each turn off it asks me to divert. But after the last turn off it could send me it will always drop down around 30min staying on the a14. If it did it every now and then I would say it was confused but it keeps doing it and it is repeatable . So I'm never sure to trust it or not (and be late for work) which was the point of buying the live traffic model.
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @tron98

That was the part of initial troubleshooting advise I could have provided on a public forum.

For a better investigation of the problems, I would suggest that this gets reported to the customer service.

Regards
    Vikram

I have found customer support to be poor I am still waiting for an outstanding case to be resolved for data protection breach of another customers personal details including full name , full address, phone numbers and devise serial number being wrongly added to my account. And despite calling and emailing repeatedly and being repeatedly assured it will be sorted quickly it was not. And I'm talking months.

I really felt like they just did not care or understand how important this matter was.
  • MmauMmau Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    @tron98
    I strongly urge you to report this breach to your local governing body - if you are in the EU then this is a very serious issue, particularly if TomTom have failed to take any action. A big fat fine might shake up their response times.
    Mmau wrote: »
    @tron98
    I strongly urge you to report this breach to your local governing body - if you are in the EU then this is a very serious issue, particularly if TomTom have failed to take any action. A big fat fine might shake up their response times.

Yer I'm in the EU and yes it is very serious issue! This is a personal data breach which they did not make any to attempt to rectify and remove. I tried to repeatedly tell them that and in the end they where getting annoyed with me for keep contacting them and then closed the case! When they said they would keep me updated and sort this matter.

I have all the screen shots of the transcript.
  • EwokEwok Posts: 40 [Master Explorer]
    I can confirm the routing on the A14 in the area of the new bypass around Huntington is not particularly accurate. I travel that way once a week at various times, day and evening.
    Ewok wrote: »
    I can confirm the routing on the A14 in the area of the new bypass around Huntington is not particularly accurate. I travel that way once a week at various times, day and evening.

Thanks Ewok for your reply , Glad its not just me .
    Not sure how it can be so unreliable when it is updated every 2 min
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,081 Superusers
    edited September 28
    Hi
    @tron98

Don't forget IQ routes (Historic data) will sometimes give a false positive, when the historic data says... there is always a traffic jam here every day or on a particular day between this and that time, Sod's law will say when we arrive at the location, there won't a queue

ATB YFM
  • martinshephard_un44martinshephard_un44 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Interesting comments regarding the inaccuracy of the uk maps and my TomToms pointless desire to take me off a perfectly serviceable road onto minor back roads increasing the journey time and the mileage.

Recent trips to Chester from Guildford and from Guildford to Whitman Friary in Somerset are a point in case. The Satnav does the same thing whether you choose the fastest or the shortest route!!

A recent emergency drive from Whitham Friary to the hospital in Bath ended up taking 20 minutes longer than it should have done because of the route the Satnave chose.

Garmin or the many free apps are rapidly becoming a better potential option.