Claiming 3 years free subscription for TomTom Go Mobile — TomTom Community

Claiming 3 years free subscription for TomTom Go Mobile

JustjackukJustjackuk Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
I am trying to upgrade my TomTom app and move over to go but everytime I click get 3year upgrade it crashes and then starts again, I don’t get any options in the go app I’ve rebooted the phone and followed tips in thread but I’m going round in circles

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,103 TomTom Moderator
    Hi there,

Welcome to the Community! With the release of our new 3rd generation app - TomTom GO Navigation, we can no longer migrate users from our 1st gen app: The Navigation app for iPhone.

We supported the migration to the 2nd gen app: TomTom GO Mobile for more than three years, ensuring that as many users as possible were compensated. You can download the new app from App store and choose the subscription between 1/3/6 months.

Thanks, lampard
    Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• MattInDetroitMattInDetroit Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    So the original TomTom US App ceased being updated two years ago. You migrated us to TomTom ?Go Mobile? 2nd gen with three years free. But sometime this year you stopped updating the 2nd gen (which now crashes), and want us to migrated to the 3rd gen ?Go Navation? and begin paying monthly. I'm still confused on the 3rd gen vs 2nd gen, cause 3rd gen was in the ios store three years ago?

I've kept these apps on my phone for the offline feature, but mostly used the Google app. Imagine my surprise while on vacation in a foreign country "subscription expired"!?

I bought the original app (to replace a TomTom handhelf), cause I was led to believe free map updates (without having to buy a new handheld device). I migrated (cause I had to), despite the old app having more options. The free traffic was nice, cause I was previously paying extra for it. Now that app no longer opens/works despite having one year left (of three). Move to the new app, and pay more. Not even a trial to see if it's any good?

I've used TomTom products for many years (previously Garmin's). Not sure if that's going to continue..
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,868 Community Manager
    Hi @MattInDetroit ,

If you have one year of subscription left in the GO Mobile app, this year will be transferred to the new GO Navigation app. So please hold of from purchasing the new app.

I kept the old app on my iPhone as a reference and it opens fine without any crashes. Can you try quitting all apps that are running in the background and restarting the iPhone?

Regards,
    Jürgen