Cross border navigation — TomTom Community

Cross border navigation

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, i have an IPhone X, with IOS 12.3.1, running latest version of Tomtom Go. Last weekend I was traveling, by car, from a place in Sweden to my Home adress i Denmark. I was suprised to see that cross border navigation are NOT possible with Tomtom Go, even If both danish and swedish Maps was installed. I tried to install complete Europa, but that did not chance anything. Removing the app, reinstalling and installing all the maps again did not chance anything.
I have tried Google maps, Apple maps, Waze, Here we Go and other free navigators, they all provide cross border navigation, for some obscure reason, Tomtom does not, i’l have to renavigate at each border crossing.
Has anybody had the same experience?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Ok, I just found out, by reading other postings, I need to install European ferry maps to cross a bridge.Well done, TomTom, I Think I’m impressed by the logic 🙄
  • RungirlrunRungirlrun Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Just experienced the same problem: driving from DK to S taking the ferry, “no possible route” and back to DK taking the Øresundbroen, also “no possible route”😡. This is ridiculous, and where does one find the cross border ferry maps to download?!?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,957 Superuser
    Hi @Rungirlrun

Under Europe in the Map downloads!!!

Doug
  • PrivateerUKPrivateerUK Posts: 343 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Hi @Rungirlrun
    Rungirlrun wrote: »
    where does one find the cross border ferry maps to download?!?
    As @DougLap says in Map Download, Europe. However, there are three separate maps for Europe:

Ferry Connections Europe
    • Ferry Connections Arctic
    • Ferry Connections Europe
    • Ferry Connections Mediterranean

Unfortunately, especially for a mapping company, TomTom seems to be a bit confused with what routes (ferry, tunnel, and bridge) are in each of the above Ferry Connections. E.g. for the Channel Tunnel and ferry Dover to Calais routes I found that I had to download "Ferry Connections Mediterranean"! :o

So I recommend that you download all Ferry Connections for every continent that you have maps for!

Regards,
  • ZowZow Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    After updating TomTom go on iPhone x when i Search ceuta spain it sais route not possible. I downloaded al the ferry maps.
    Some one knows wat the problem is?
    Hi @zow

Have you downloaded the maps between where you are and the destination in Spain. It needs the maps of France and Spain that the possible routes will travel along.

Doug
    Yes including Holland and belgium
    Hi @Zow

Try downloading Ferry connections Europe and Ferry connections Mediterranean. There are some errors on what these files cover.

Doug
    Hi @Zow

It appears that the problem is Ceuta. You can do a route within Ceuta enclave but you cannot do a route to Ceuta from outside the enclave either from Europe or from Morocco.

I have reported it.

Doug
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 5,188 Community Manager
    Hi @Zow ,

Can you please list what exact maps you have installed so we can reproduce this? Ceuta is part of the Spain South map.

Thanks,
    Jürgen
    Netherland, belgium, france, spain and All ferry maps
    Hi @Zow

Does that include the Africa Ferry maps.

Doug
    Hi doug
    Yes including Africa ferry
    Since the new update !!
    I should not pay for this
    TomTom 👎🏼