Something went wrong (10106) — TomTom Community

Something went wrong (10106)

JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,868 Community Manager
If you're shown this error while downloading a map, quit the app, then start the GO Navigation app again and return to downloading maps.

To quit the app:
  • iPhone X and later: swipe up from the bottom of the screen
  • others: double-click the home button

Edit: Introduced steps to quit app on iPhone X

Comments

• ICMcDICMcD Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    That doesn’t work; despite following the instruction I’m still getting the error message.
    I’m currently left with a completely useless Tomtom Go app, and I need to use it urgently. The advice on tapping the Home button twice doesn’t work, so I’ve deleted the maps that wouldn’t install and have tried to re-install them but to no avail, because I keep getting the same error message.
    Oh, that I could return to the old Tomtom app! It was SO MUCH BETTER than this rubbish!
    It works now. I had to delete the app and re-install it, and I lost all “My Places” in the process. Thanks so much.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,941 Superuser
    Hi @ICMcD

If you open the MyDrive Website or the MyDrive app and sign in do you not see your MyPlaces stored there. If so the App should sync to it and reload the MyPlaces.

Doug
    Thanks, Doug, but until you mentioned MyDrive I’d never thought of using or downloading the app.

That aside, it’s somewhat frustrating that Tomtom Go Mobile would, and MyDrive will, plan a route from my home in the UK to a destination in Europe using a ferry link, whereas Tomtom Go Navigation tells me that the route is impossible. Life was never meant to be easy!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,941 Superuser
    Hi @ICMcD

Can I suggest that you download all 3 European Ferry Connections in the Maps list.

There is a problem that is being sorted so in the meantime download all 3 Ferry Options.

Doug
    Thanks, Doug.

I just spotted the ferries problem on another thread, until which I hadn't realised that there were separate maps for ferries. What a bind! Downloading only the European ferries map would have sent me several hundred miles out of the way, through Poole to Cherbourg (whereas I live in Kent near both the Channel Tunnel, and the Dover-to-Calais ferry) and the problem was solved only when I downloaded the Mediterranean ferries map.

As you say, there's a problem!

Ian