HR strap. Can I use paired with Android phone without the watch? — TomTom Community

HR strap. Can I use paired with Android phone without the watch?

AutotomppaAutotomppa Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
edited June 14 in Runner & Multi-Sport
I have the trouble with TT runner/multisport. Can I get the heart rate information without the watch? Could HR strap paired with mobile phone (Samsung)? maybe a silly question, sorry. Is there any application that goes?

Comments

• AutotomppaAutotomppa Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Not a silly question. Sports Tracker.

My TT watch is now working normally. But I am afraid that some day my three years old watch will not work (actually 4 years old, wasn't in use at its first year)
    I can do first aid to my watch - open it and let it dry. I can reset the watch thank to this forum. I read many interesting topics of these 31 pages of this forum..

TT is a good watch. The problem is mechanical function of joystick. the sharp ends of joystick will broke rubber part of switch assembly . When I used two years this device began problems.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,794 Superusers
    I am not sure what you mean by "HR strap paired with mobile phone". If you have an external HR strap you can pair that with any phone but the watch itself cannot act as an HR strap, it does not transmit HR data.
  • bzeebzee Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    Apologies for hijacking this question.

I have the same issue. My heart rate strap will not pair with any devices other than my multisport watch. When I attempt to pair it with my phone, the phone says 'connection refused' . Is there something special I need to do?
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 15,794 Superusers
    bzee wrote: »

I have the same issue. My heart rate strap will not pair with any devices other than my multisport watch. When I attempt to pair it with my phone, the phone says 'connection refused' . Is there something special I need to do?

Is it a TomTom strap? Did you first unpair it from the watch as BT is only a one-to-one connection so you cannot pair with 2 devices?
  • bzeebzee Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    bzee wrote: »

Is it a TomTom strap? Did you first unpair it from the watch as BT is only a one-to-one connection so you cannot pair with 2 devices?

Yes its a TomTom strap, I bought it with the multisport watch.

When you say did I unpair it....I switched the watch to airplane mode and set the heart rate sensor to off. Not sure if there is anything else I can do to unpair it.

The strap shows up as HRM (Ver0.4) on my phone when I scan devices when I attempt to connect it says 'Pairing Rejected'

DOh..ignore my question..seems its an issue with my phone. I just paired it with my PC (it doesn't pair with my laptop interestingly)..

Anyhow thanks for your response.