Memory card not recognized

Memory card 16gB / FAT32 not recognised by G50 / MDC. Card is visible in device info screen (holding on/off button 30sec). Naviagation display only mesage "No maps available" and that´s all, any other options are not available. I can not install any map, as internal memory is not sufficient and cannot access device to setup, as any map is not loaded. Frustrating / Disappointing. Please advice.

Best Answer

• Angry_UserAngry_User Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Doug, video helped me to understand the problem. Unfortunatelly all maps available in MDC are bigger than internal memory. Could you provide any small map, please?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,796 Superuser
    Hi @Angry_User

Does this video help resolve it .

https://tomtom.vanillacommunities.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

If not let us know and we can see if @VikramK can add a small map so you can fit that on the internal memory and you can then start the unit normally and cn then Format the card in the GO 50 if that's needs to be done.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Hello Doug, video helped me to understand the problem. Unfortunatelly all maps available in MDC are bigger than internal memory. Could you provide any small map, please?
    Hi @Angry_User

I am a customer like you . You will have to wait for @VikramK to come on here tomorrow and add a small map for you..

Keep an eye out here.

Doug
    I´m dumb, sorry :)
    However, many thanks for hint!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,750 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Angry_User

I have activated a smaller map on your account.

UK and ROI.

It should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • metalrustmetalrust Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello, Iam having the same problem, please can I get a smaller size map as well, many thanks!!
    @metalrust

Smaller map added!

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
  • cemfrancecemfrance Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Memory card 8gB / FAT32 not recognised by Go500 / MDC. Card is visible in device info screen (holding on/off button 30sec). Naviagation display only mesage "No maps available" and that´s all, any other options are not available. I can not install any map, as internal memory is not sufficient and cannot access devide to setup, as any map is not loaded. Frustrating / Disappointing. Please advice.
    Unfortunatelly all maps available in MDC are bigger than internal memory. Could you provide any small map, please?
    Hi @cemfrance

Lest see if @VikramK picks this up.

Doug
    20 days later I wanted to go to leave, but I wanted to go but my navigation was blocked I normally had free maps in the vertebrae but now no help
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,322 Superuser
    edited June 12
    Hi @cemfrance

You are on a users forum.

A microSD card of 8GB is too small. After the format FAT32 only 7.4GB are usable. The full EU map is 8.7GB.
    You need a microSD card class 10 of at least 16GB max 32GB, a recognized brand (Samsung, SanDisk, ...)

On your 8GB, you may be able to enter an EU zone map but for that you will have to cheat a little. Very quickly you will need for next updates a microSD card of at least 16GB. How to do: see the link of the paragraph below.

When you have the small map, install it on the internal memory it will unlock your device. After that look at this topic, how to prepare the microSD for maps. It's a situation similar to yours and what I do with my own device.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1645310/#Comment_1645310

After that, activate in your device the map you want to use, the small map or the EU map.
    In your device not connected to the PC ==> Main Menu (4Dots ....) / Settings / Maps / choose the map you want to use.

If @VikramK can not intervene quickly you can contact TomTom customer service for add of the small map (France 1276MB).
    France
    01 57 32 40 67 ou 01 70 36 35 82
    du lundi au vendredi de 09h00 à 17h30

Regards.
    edited June 13
    Hi @cemfrance

Welcome to the community!

I have added the France map :)

It should be offered for download when connected to MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    yes you are right europe maps need more space me europe map need 8 and 32 gb I have a memory card but mydrıveconnet does not recognize your help thank
    Hi @cemfrance

Have you been able to download the France map offered by Vikram.

Have you tried what @LAURE123 suggested.

Doug
    first I loaded the small map and opened the navigation, then I introduced the memory card and did the update europe map thank you friends thanks to you updated
    HI @cemfrance

Glad you are sorted. =) =)

Now remember do not delete that small map. Leave it there on your Internal memory.

Now if you do an update of the Europe map on your extra memory if there is a problem and you lose the map with the small map loaded you can start the unit and reload the Europe map

Doug
  • radek68radek68 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @DougLap and @VikramK

I have the same problem of space, but I do not get the small area of Europe.

Can you add it to my account? i just need spain and portugal

Thanks
    Hi @radek68

You will have to wait for Vikram. I am a customer like you.

Doug
  • NorteNorte Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem, the smallest map available has 6575mb, the internal disk only 6450mb available and the SD is not recognized and it doesn't allow me to format it as i have no map.