No warning sounds on CarPlay V2.0 App — TomTom Community

No warning sounds on CarPlay V2.0 App

TurboshedTurboshed Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
I am struggling to get any warning sounds from TomTom Go version 2.0 when using CarPlay.
Voice instructions work fine but I normally have them off and just have alerts on.
Anyhow when voice instructions are off and I’m connected to CarPlay with read aloud warnings or warning sounds selected under the “sounds & warnings” menu option I get no warning when coming up to a speed camera. The camera is displayed on the map so TomTom knows it’s there

Any ideas?

Answers

• Peer71Peer71 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I got exactly the same problem. So help needed B)
  • Andyspur71Andyspur71 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I don’t have any warning sounds coming through anymore. Not using CarPlay though. My iPhone shows it’s only using sound from iPhone but still nothing
  • dahaussdahauss Posts: 31 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I'm using Carplay with 2.0 app and no warning spoken sounds. Spoken navigation is fine, but no spoken warnings. Am I supposed to hear it tell me about traffic? I do, is I turn it on, user the beep for spend limit. But, for example, nothing about traffic etc. I'm not sure exactly what warnings it's supposed to read. It's the a way to contact TomTom about this?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,359
    Superuser
    HI @dahauss

If you go into settings and Select Voices you need to select a Computerised Voice, such as Serena for UK English, then select which options that are offered.you want announced.

Now go to Sounds and Warnings Select Warning Type, Select Read Aloud then select Speed cameras followed by Safety warnings selecting the options you wish to be announced.

One other thing is if you are not sure you are getting the announcements you want despite them being selected then try turn the Phone Off and On and see if that makes a difference.

Doug
  • Gavsta64Gavsta64 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I don't hear or see warnings for fixed speed cameras when using the App with CarPlay.. I drove the same stretch of road today with the app connected via bluetooth which just gives audio through the car speakers and I saw the camera appear on the phone display and announced on the car speaker. So my conclusion is that you don't get speed cameras when the App is running and connected with carPlay. That's a HUGE disappointment and now I'm wondering why I parted with money for this app....
    :s
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,899 Moderator
    Hi All,

Are you guys still facing this issues or is this intermittent? We made some improvements with latest update v2.0.1, Can you please test it out and let us know the feedback if it's still happening?

Regards, lampard