Map is to big for my GO 40 (1GB) — TomTom Community

Map is to big for my GO 40 (1GB)

McshumiMcshumi Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
There were not enough options to minimize the maps.
Fx maps without Building, or with reduced countries.

So therefore no update possible.

Is that the end of my device?
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,081
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Mcshumi

The Full Europe Map size is now 9.13GB & the MapZones exceeding the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    For the new larger Maps maps you need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 9.13GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

vft63esuy9vo.jpg
    Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,711 Moderator
    Hi @Mcshumi

Welcome to the community!

I have added a small map for your device.

UK and ROI

When you connect it to MyDrive Connect it will be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • McshumiMcshumi Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Hi VikramK.

Thank you very much. ALTHOUGH
    I am sure you did this in the best meaning, but you must know, that I live in Denmark.
    So a map for UK and Ireland does not do me any good.

I need maps for Central Europe, fx Germany, Benelux, Scandinavia ect.
    I don´t nedd Russia, UK.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,081
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Mcshumi
    The small Map can be for 'Anywhere' its only there as a keeper... see below
    When you install a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    You install the small Map onto the Devices on-board Memory
    You can then install whichever map you choose i.e... The full Europe Map or any of the Europe Mapzones onto the new memory Card
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

Full Post Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1651693/#Comment_1651693

ATB YFM