transferring routes from a tablet to a 450 — TomTom Community

transferring routes from a tablet to a 450

tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
I am have a problem with how to transfer a route from a samsung galaxy tab 6 to the 450. I have purchased a Techgear OTG UBS adaptor cable .This allows me to connect the 450 to the tablet, on the tablet I can access the internal memory but I am unable to work out how to move the files across in the same way as I do on the computer.
I use my route app for my planning of a route.

I have just tried to the share mode on the 450 but that only allows me to move a file from the 450 with the micro sd card doing the same operation. ie export but not import a route.

I have tried the blue tooth method with the route file open in both my route app and my drive but to no avail

The 450 blue tooth does not find the tablet.

This is purely as a backup for a long ride I am planning.

why is this simple operation so dammed difficult.

Any advice would be helpful

Comments

• ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited June 2019
    "I have just tried to the share mode on the 450 but that only allows me to move a file from the 450 with the micro sd card doing the same operation. ie export but not import a route."

The 450 only allows you export tracks to the microSD. As far as I know you can't export routes. You can import routes and tracks from the microSD.

I don't think connecting the Rider directly to the tablet will work, as neither devices will act as a USB host controller like a PC does. There are USB Host Controller apps, but the ones I looked at all needed superuser (root) access.

I use Bluetooth to transfer files from my Android tablet to the Rider when on the road. The files need to be transferred FROM the tablet TO the Rider.

The tablet needs to be paired with the Rider - do this from the tablet with the Rider showing the "My Routes" screens - it displays "Now discoverable as Rider 4xx". Keep it on this screen when transferring files.
    Install Medieval Software's "Bluetooth File Transfer" app onto the tablet.
    From the MyRoute-App on the tablet use the "Save As" function to save the route as a .ITN file to the tablet storage.
    Open a File Manger app and locate the .ITN file (it should be in the Downloads folder).
    select the .ITN file to be transferred and use the Share function - the Bluetooth File Transfer app should be an option as a Share destination. The tablet screen should then display:
    "Searching service"
    "Connecting to device"
    "Processing data"
    each with a green tick by it. It can take time to do the service search and connection.

(Alternatively the Bluetooth File Transfer app can be opened and the file located and sent without using the Share feature)

The Rider will ask you to accept the file, tap yes and the Rider will display "importing tracks" (even though it's a route, and it will be a route on the Rider). The Rider will confirm if the import is successful.

I've only done one route at a time, in theory it should be possible to send multiple routes in one operation.

This works on my Bush tablet. I couldn't get it to work on a Tesco Hudl2.

• tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    Thanks Chris you have been very helpful and I am almost there I think, but its taking a long time to transfer the data. I am using the Bluetooth file transfer option.
    The 450 is now showing on the tablet but it states that the incorrect pin number was used. I cannot find where to input the pin number. Each time I repair the 450 it supplies a new pin No.

currently I think the data is going to my phone. but I am not sure.
  • tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    edited June 2019
    Hi Chris
    As you may have gathered I am not that ok when it comes to setting up this Bluetooth system but after a lot and trial and error I have succeeded in patching in the 450 with my tablet and have just transferred my first file using Bluetooth via the share option.

At your suggestion as a backup I have also transferred the files to the micro sim card using the computer

my many thanks for your help and guidance.
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    I’m glad it worked for you. It took me a lot of trial and error as well to get it working.