Tom tom won't connect to PC — TomTom Community

Tom tom won't connect to PC

Madge12Madge12 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
Down loaded the original GPS updates in April and everything seemed OK. (used for one journey). Tried using again in May and device could not get a valid GPS signal. Just returned from holiday and tried updating again but TOM tom won't connect to My Drive Connect. Reinstalled MDC but still won't connect.!! Help

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 8,229 TomTom Moderator
    edited June 11
    Hi @Madge12

Welcome to the community!

Could you try the troubleshooting steps as suggested in the video below:

Regards
    Vikram
  • Madge12Madge12 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Had tried all the suggested solutions including reinstalling drivers, none of which worked. Finally after uninstalling and reinstalling MDC on my laptop four or five times I was able to connect and update. Not sure if this was a coincidence or not!! Anyway, used the Tom Tom for a journey today and was getting a GPS signal and working OK. Paul.
  • Madge12Madge12 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    Same old problem back again!!!! Updated as per previous comments and worked perfectly on a couple of journeys. Just set off on a two week holiday....... turned the Tom Tom and just sat waiting for a valid GPS signal. What the hell is going on??
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,335 Superuser
    Hi @Madge12

Fully charge the unit then take it outside well away from Buildings and Trees etc with a clear view of the sky all around. Now turn the unit on and when working hold the On/Off button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

When the unit has restarted create a route and then leave the unit still in the open for up to 30 minutes plus to see if it connects to the sats. Once it connects it should connect quicker next time.

Hope that works.