Cannot update to 1030 on GO 620

Email from Tomtom says 1030 is available.

I have 1025, I connect via wifi and it says "up to date" Did a soft reset, still says "up to date"

Turned off wifi and opened Mydrive on a PC. Connected with USB. Still says "up to date"

How do I get 1030?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Senior camperSenior camper Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, I'll just wait for it
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,512 TomTom Moderator
    edited June 11
    Hi @Senior camper @big

I have forwarded this to the team. They tried adding a map on a device serial number starting with ZF and it was offered.

What do the see if you go from MAP> ADD A MAP> under NORTH AMERICA?

Some pictures would help..

Thanks
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    I appreciate your interest in this....

My 620 serial starts with ZE

Has 1025.9377 installed

Maps>add a map>north America shows
    Can. & Alaska ,94GB
    Mexico 1.06 GB
    USA 5.98 GB
    USA & Can 6,56 GB
    USA Cam & Mexico 7.57 GB

If I press USA Can & Mexico there is a download button.

I will try that, But I suspect that might not fix the issue as no other updates are offered. Usually when I check for updates there are some small map updates or safety camera updates available.

BTW the software was updated to 19.101.0014.411(0)
    (04/19/2019)

Tnx

Jim
  • bigbig Posts: 1,548 Superuser
    Confirmed: The download gives the new 10.30 map even though the device says there are no updates.

Of course, it's not quite so simple: there's not enough room to download the new map if you already have the old one, so you have to delete the old one first. But if you have no other maps, you can't delete the old one (because that would leave the device with NO maps), so you have to download a small map first, such as Venezuela. THEN you can delete the North America map and re-download it. Finally, you can delete the Venezuela map if you'd like.

Or you can get an SD card and download onto that.
    I can try that but settings>maps>add a map says I have
    15.87 GB available and the USA-Canada-Mexico map is only 7.57 GB. I have a SD card in the 620 already.

Also none of the smaller updates like safety cameras or small map updates are being offered. Its been a while since the last update.

Maybe the new map has to come first.

If I don't get this done in the next few hours it may be Monday before I get to a place where I have access to a fast internet connection again to try this. I will be tethered to a smartfone until then.

See you guys Monday.....

Tnx

Jim
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,602 Superuser
    Hi @Senior camper

Please do the following.

Go to Add a Map and Select the Venezuela map. it is only 29mb and will load very quickly on your internal memory. Please then leave this map there untouched as it is a good idea to have a valid map safely stored on the internal memory.

Now go into Maps and delete the USA map which you will be able to do now as you have the Venezuela map. When you have deleted the map then select Add a Map and reload the USA map which will now be the 1030 latest version.

Doug
    OK, done. I now have USA 1030 in internal memory.

Did a soft reset. Still says up to date.

Still no other updates. Seems like there should be at least a safety camera update offered, there usually is.

Maybe this is normal. I will be offline till Monday, we'll see what happens next week.

Have a good weekend

Tnx

Jim