I bought a tom tom with everlasting updates. So why will the Europe update not fit on the device? — TomTom Community

I bought a tom tom with everlasting updates. So why will the Europe update not fit on the device?

KeitflyerKeitflyer Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
This is breaking the terms of the deal. I have tried fitting a memory card but it will not recognise it. But why should it need a memory card?

About 3 hours wasted and no further on.

A cynical ploy to create obsolescence.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,105
    Superuser
    Hi @Keitflyer

What Tomtom unit and what memory card have you tried to add.

For example I have the GO5000 which has 8GB of internal memory and that was more than adequate to cope with the Operating software and the Full European map when I bought it The European map has now expanded to as much as 9.3gb so is not able to fit on then internal memory. Tomtom included the ability to add extra memory should it be needed for more maps should I wish to buy. them and that is now enabling me to update to the latest map on the basis of the free lifetime updates.

The maximum Micro SD Class 10 card that will work on the. Tomtom units is 32gb.. Some lesser known makes have been known to not work but a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major maker from a reliable source to avoid fake cards should be suitable.

Doug.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,417
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Keitflyer

Do you know which Tomtom GO model you own ???
    There are Many different models

Enter the 1st 2 Characters of the Serial Numbers
    Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9508/locale/en_GB
    Find the model of your navigation device and what software it uses....

Also See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1650926/#Comment_1650926

ATB YFM
  • MercutioMercutio Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Wasted several hours trying to install the update. Deleted content etc. Bought Scandisc 64gb memory card which refuses to be recognised by my device (Go40)! Why put an update on knowing full well that it's too big
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Mercutio wrote: »
    Bought Scandisc 64gb memory card which refuses to be recognised by my device (Go40)!
    DougLap wrote: »
    The maximum Micro SD Class 10 card that will work on the Tomtom units is 32gb.