Tomtom Start 52 Map updates not offered — TomTom Community

Tomtom Start 52 Map updates not offered

millermanmillerman Posts: 7 [Novice Seeker]
edited June 10 in MyDrive Connect
Hi guys. recently purchased the above unit. When connected to MY Drive and under my content, maps, there is no map. in place there is an advert to upgrade my device . The map installed is United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland 1011.9039. I understand there is an update for this map but not showing on My Drive. Shown is a map share community map update but when ticked am unable to download the small item. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,969 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @millerman

I don't see a device linked to your account.

Could you forward me the serial number of your device through a private message?

Thanks
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • millermanmillerman Posts: 7 [Novice Seeker]
    Sent you a pm.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,969 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Millerman

Thanks for sending the serial number.

Could you check for updates now?

Regards
    Vikram
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
    Hi Vikram. Seems to be downloading. Had to download to an SD card . Got to 100% and now been checking. Will let you know if I succeed. At least the map seems to be there now.
    Hi Vikram. Thanks for the help. I now have 2 maps on the device. The original is on the device (UK and ROI), and, the Europe one on the SD card. My Drive is still showing an update which I am still unable to download. This is the Map share Community map update. Maybe I have a dodgy unit?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,939 Superuser
    Hi @millerman

Disconnect your unit form the PC and try a soft reset on your device ie when it is on Hold the ON/Off button down for about 20 seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go. When it has restarted attach it to your PC and see if you can now download the MapShare.

Doug.

Hi DougLap, Tried that but to no avail. Not sure how critical the community map updates are. Thanks for the suggestion though.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,939 Superuser
    Hi @millerman

They are supposed tobe small updates. The chances you will miss out because you did not download it is probably about a bit better than winning the lottery. =) =)

Doug
    Cheers Douglas. :3 Thank you for your time.