TomTom HOME error while updating the map — TomTom Community

TomTom HOME error while updating the map

Good morning,
I received this email this morning from TomTom concerning my TomTom XXL 540TM:
gpbah22skm00.jpg

Went into TomTom HOME and get this error:
6te0aot3i3so.jpg

Why is TomTom sending out emails announcing map updates if there are none?

Answers

• bigbig Posts: 1,628
    Superuser
    There ARE updates available for most models. That error doesn't mean updates aren't there but rather that something else went wrong. Not much consolation, I agree.

If you are still receiving this error tomorrow probably the best thing to do is to contact support to get it sorted.
  • PeterNavPeterNav Posts: 3 [New Traveler]
    I have exactly the same error.
  • sewerinspectorsewerinspector Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    I have the same error on my XXL. Are they stopping future map updates on these devices??
    Good morning,
    I received this email this morning from TomTom concerning my TomTom XXL 540TM:
    gpbah22skm00.jpg

Went into TomTom HOME and get this error:
    6te0aot3i3so.jpg

I am having the same exact issue on my XXL. What is the solution to this? Thanks
  • TMBackstromTMBackstrom Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    I think TomTom has expired the "Lifetime Map Updates" on the XLs and XXLs. I've moved on to Android Auto and Waze as my personal GPS device in my Jeep. Maps and traffic data is live over my phone. So much better! My TomTom was a great device when it was supported, but it's off to the electronic recycling now.
  • Karl_ZKarl_Z Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hey @TMBackstrom , @sewerinspector , @PeterNav ... Want to try your XL/XXL devices again? Last night my XL update was still failing, but this morning it worked, so I think they fixed something on the server side. ^_^
    Karl_Z wrote: »
    Hey @TMBackstrom , @sewerinspector , @PeterNav ... Want to try your XL/XXL devices again? Last night my XL update was still failing, but this morning it worked, so I think they fixed something on the server side. ^_^

Yes indeed, mine worked tonight!