Accidental deletion of map — TomTom Community

Accidental deletion of map

Hi I seem to have deleted my preinstalled map and cannot retrieve it

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,285
    Superuser
    Hi @Bigladrik

If your unit is a GO5000 as suggested by your profile and you have tried to update it and have not got a 16gb or 32gb micro SD class 10 card fitted then you will not be able to fit the current European map on the internal memory. To solve that problem the you need a small map to be added to your account so that you can load that and then add the xtra memory card, format it and download the European map.

Please advise if this is the case so a Mod can see and add a map to your account.

If you have a large enough Extra memory card fitted then see the following video.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

ATB

Doug
  • BigladrikBigladrik Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Doug there appears to be plenty of memory left on my device are you suggesting I purchase another map can’t Tom Tom support reload my map
    Thanks
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi @bigladrik.

No I am not suggesting you buy another map. One of the problems with the GO5000 and other units is that they are supplied with one map. In your case it is the Full European and when first issued it easily fitted on the internal memory. Now the update takes that Map size to 9.3GB for a full European which is bigger than the GO5000's internal memory.

If, when you have one only map on the unit, you have a problem during an Update you can finish up with no map on the unit. This is because it deletes the current map so it then uses the same space to load the new one.

What I am saying is that if we ask @VikramK to add a small map to your account you can then load that and it will go on the internal memory, this resolves this issue. I have Venezuela which is only 29mb. don't ask, but this then ensures that you have a valid map on the unit and it will start properly because that map its okay. You just leave the map on the unit untouched . Then when you have a download issue on a update and lose the European map you can still start the unit as normal and try to reinstall the missing map which will be shown in MD.

Keep an eye out here to see if Vikram adds the map.

Have you looked at the video.which shows you what to do when the unit says there is no map on it

Doug
    No mate where can I find that thanks
    The other problem I had with the existing map is that buildings were never displayed
    Superuser
    Hi @Bigladrik

The video is here

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Vikram will advise by posting here, possibly tomorrow, that he has added a small map to your account. You should then find it listed under maps in My Drive Connect.

Was the map you had loaded before Europe without buildings if so then you won't see any. Also the buildings are usually only displayed on the map in major cities

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,155 Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Hi @Bigladrik

A smaller map of UK and ROI has been activated for your device.

It should be offered for download when the device is connected to MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram