Download other maps at no extra cost as per my account — TomTom Community

Download other maps at no extra cost as per my account

royengelbrechtroyengelbrecht Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
As a Tom Tom GO 6100 owner I am entitiled to download a number of other maps from around the world at no extra costs. However, I can't find how to do this. Any link or questions I try, it takes me back to the Shop where I have to pay for the maps.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi @royengelbrecht

If when you tap Add Map in Maps in Settings and no maps are listed then this usually means you need to contact customer support to have your account sorted.

Australia
    1300 135 604
    Monday-Friday:9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

Doug
  • royengelbrechtroyengelbrecht Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Dough. The problem is that those maps are only the ones that I have ready paid for. The issue is that I can't download other maps at no extra costs as per the agreement.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi @royengelbrecht

As I said you will have to contact Customer Support, Monday to Friday, and they can sort your account out. I think you will find that they need to change the settings in your account at their end so that when you select Add a map on your unit you will see a list of all the available World Maps that are free for you to download.

When you say you have maps you paid for I would assume that the GO6100 you have got was purchased in Australia and so has probably got Australia and possibly New Zealand preinstalled. The rest of the World maps you can download as you want them and when necessary, depending on which maps you want, you will have to add some extra memory. The recommended extra memory cards are Micro SD Class 10 size 16gb or max 32Gb from a leading make and a reliable source to avoid fakes.

You should not need to buy any maps for the unit.

Doug