GO Camper voice guidance and routing

davidplatten_un39
davidplatten_un39 Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a TomTom Go Camper bought on the 4/2/19

1 the voice direction give directions intermittently
2 When I switch fro car to tow my caravan it still takes me the shortest route ie country lanes (not good for my nerves!!!)

Can anyone help me as yet tomtom online support has failed to do so

Thanks.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    HI @davidplatten_un39

I have a GO Camper and have not noticed any lack of directions. I had it running today alongside the GO Navigation app and they were virtually identical on wording and timing.

I would do a Factory Reset and see if that resolves it. All your Data should sync back from your MyDrive account after the reset.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

You will have to set it up with your Wifi and Account details again etc. as well as your Dimensional data etc for the Car and Caravan. Try overstating the dimensions a bit.

Hope that helps

Doug
  • davidplatten_un39
    Master Traveler
    Thanks I Will try it tomorrow and get back to you

Many Thanks.
  • davidplatten_un39
    Master Traveler
    Hi thanks for your advice but still no joy voice still on off when traveling and when switching from car to town caravan down country road 😯But thanks for trying 👍
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @davidplatten_un39

If you Tap Menu has the Speaker Icon bottom Left got a cross through it . Also the Voice icon bottom right and is the volume bar well to the right.

Doug
  • davidplatten_un39
    Master Traveler
    Yes as I said it starts of giving voice directions and the stops then start or sometimes comes on half way on our journey
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    HI @davidplatten_un39

Sounds as though you may have a fault in it . I a lose connection internally. Seems like a return under warrantee.

Doug
  • davidplatten_un39
    Master Traveler
    Thank for trying 👍