How can I set a route on my TomTom with a 'via' route — TomTom Community

How can I set a route on my TomTom with a 'via' route

I am heading south to South London and want to go Via M25 to avoid London City Centre. How do I do this?

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,286
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Moyney

When you have created a route then Zoom in on the M25 where you would like to go and press on the screen for a second or so and a Black Circle will appear. You should zoom well in to try and ensure the spot is on the correct side of the motorway.

Next to the black spot will be a menu with Drive at the Right end. Tap the 3 vertical dots next to Drive and select Add to Current Route.

You can do this in a few places if you want to and it will force the route to go around the M25.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Moyney

DO as Doug says, and when you Zoom-in make absolutely sure you place the Stop/Via on the correct side of the M25 or you will have chaotic routing with the route doubling back to visit the Stop/Via on the opposite carriageway

ATB YFM

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,286
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Moyney

When you have created a route then Zoom in on the M25 where you would like to go and press on the screen for a second or so and a Black Circle will appear. You should zoom well in to try and ensure the spot is on the correct side of the motorway.

Next to the black spot will be a menu with Drive at the Right end. Tap the 3 vertical dots next to Drive and select Add to Current Route.

You can do this in a few places if you want to and it will force the route to go around the M25.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,733
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Moyney

DO as Doug says, and when you Zoom-in make absolutely sure you place the Stop/Via on the correct side of the M25 or you will have chaotic routing with the route doubling back to visit the Stop/Via on the opposite carriageway

ATB YFM