How to install Navcore for Blue & Me TomTom 2 LIVE — TomTom Community

How to install Navcore for Blue & Me TomTom 2 LIVE

Hello,

I have a Blue&Me TomTom 2 LIVE. I haven't used it much, but now it can't find GPS Signal and battery is low. I connect it to my pc and installed MyDrive Connect again. It now says that I have to install Navcore first before I can update maps and services. Where can I find Navcore?

Thanks for answering.

Regards,
Karen
Tagged:

Answers

• LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,567
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi @KaFa

In the MyDrive Connect software you have to see something that looks like this in the tab "My Content":
    q1se54rtk5vw.png

The first line is the NavCore. According to this TomTom FAQ for the Blue & Me TomTom 2 (LIVE) the last NavCore is the version 11.805.
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/navkit
    64n34vnou9t3.png

You uncheck the other items (map, speed cameras, ...) and you launch the update NavCore alone.

It's advisable to do a Soft Reset after:
    - Press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds, release the button. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device's restart will take longer with frozen screens, it's normal.

Then you do the other updates, always one at a time, in this order, map, speed cameras, .... then a Soft Reset.

Regards.
  • KaFaKaFa Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @LAURE123

Thanks for your quick reply. The problem is, there is no NavCore and I can't uncheck or check any boxes. (see screenshot). a0fkzd9zdw4h.jpg

Superuser
    edited June 2019
    @KaFa

Your device is connected to the PC, directly to a USB port? MyDrive Connect detects it correctly? (the green tick at the top left)
    hd0bdws6hn33.png

On your screenshot, the 1st line, it's mentioned 11.805. This is the correct version number for your device.
    This is different from my Start25 but it maybe your NavCore.
    ci4yf1xs4yir.png

Edit: For QuickGPSfix, this file can't be unchecked, like the NavCore.

Did you try to click on the "Update selectie" button?
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    @KaFa

I checked with a former screenshot of my other TomTom device, the GO5100, the same picture.

It's your NavCore. If you click on the picture of this first line you must have a description of the content.
    "Siracusa" probably because intended for an Italian car brand. Not realy easy to guess with this label. :)

xjz6ed75258l.png
    v937eqh81uux.png

Regards.
    @LAURE123

Thnx for your reply. It is correctly connected. I have clicked the Update button, then on my TomTom it says: "there went something wrong, consult your computer for more information." But there is no information, only that I have to install the NavCore first :-)

Also if you turn on the TT, even outside the house, it can't find a useful GPS-signal and the screen is grey.
    @LAURE123

Yes, it is for Fiat :-) pfx633y13blh.jpg

And it says the same as yours: " This is a mandatory etc etc...." only in Dutch
    But I get this error on the device, as I wrote in my previous message. I think, it also has to do with low battery. As I said, I haven't used the TT for a long time. So will try everything again after TT had been charged. And if not, then there is Google Maps :-)

Thanks Laure for your help so far! Regards, Karen
    Superuser
    @KaFa

Charge the battery of your device with the main charger of a smartphone (1 or 2A) at least 2 hours.

With your device Not connected to the PC do a Soft Reset.

There are currently some issues with the Tomtom servers and MyDrive Connect.
    Look at this topic and try:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1648944#Comment_1648944

After the update, what I did with the Start25 for the first connection after the WNRO:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1640993/#Comment_1640993

Regards.
  • mmariommmariom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited July 8
    Will TomTom Blue&Me 2 get navcore 12 update ? It is really annoying that all the devices that b&m TT 2 is based on got navcore12 long time ago, but much more expensive b&m 2 not. B&M TT2 is still being sold ( https://www.fiat-accessories.com/fiat-blue-me-tomtom-2-live ), and it remains the only solution for the FCA car owners ( equipped with blue&me) to make full use of the b&m feature.