Professional 6250 — TomTom Community

Professional 6250

TruckertommyTruckertommy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
Hi all have recently upgraded my tomtom pro 5150 to a professional 6250 both truck sat navs, honestly say the older device was a lot better to use, it had an amazing feature where when you planned a route you could edit the route by clicking view route on a map zooming in on street names and if there was a certain street name you had to use you could click on it and it would say travel via this street, the new device the 6250 I cant even view a map of a planned route really struggling to see why tomtom have removed this feature.

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,248
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Truckertommy
    (Snip) It had an amazing feature where when you planned a route you could edit the route by clicking view route on a map zooming in on street names and if there was a certain street name you had to use you could click on it and it would say travel via this street, the new device the 6250 I cant even view a map of a planned route really struggling to see why tomtom have removed this feature.
    Tap the Direction of Travel Icon Above the Plus & Minus Signs

qc5burqkbzm2.jpg

To toggle between the chosen Driving View and the North-up planning Overview Map
    In the North-up Overview Map you can Pan & Pinch Zoom
    The North-up Overview Map has a more wide and squat pointer

GO Professional 6250 User Guide....
    See... http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/GO_Professional/manual.htm

ATB YFM
  • TruckertommyTruckertommy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks guys exactly what I wanted, have just been using it from the off ain't had time to muck about with it, as a supermarket truck driver I'm told to go down certain streets via risk assessments and to avoid other streets was finding it difficult not being able to zoom into a map, brilliant answers thanks again.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,248
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Truckertommy

Travel Via (Now Add a Stop)
    Pinch zoom to the required location 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Location --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Add to Current Route'
    The device will calculate your route to inlude your new location

Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options

See The MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,727
    Superuser
    Hi @Truckertommy

Your welcome. Glad you are sorted.

Doug