My Routes will not export from PC to Device — TomTom Community

My Routes will not export from PC to Device

I’m losing the will to live with this and TomTom is starting to appear as a dustbin item. All I want to do is create routes in My Connect and export them to my Go500 device. I’m logged in, the device is connected, I have space on my device, 6 gig free on both on board and expansion. I have created routes with and without stops, they are visible in my Routes, I ‘Send Destination’ or ‘Send Stops ‘the laptop says synchronisation but nothing ever does the 18” trip to the device. It does all its normal updates so I know that the cable is fine. The India helpdesk via email send me links to video files showing me what should happen and I send back screen shots showing what doesn’t happen. Maybe they are hoping that the cost of telephone calls to India will deter me from calling for support, they’re right on that one. So how do I get my Go 500 to justify it £300 cost?

Best Answer

Answers

• EricthebearEricthebear Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Well YamFazMan you truly are the man. An instant cure for a flaky Go500. I never knew that you could or needed to log on to the device. Hopefully Someone will update India and save another user unecesary grief. One again thanks again mate
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,444
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ericthebear

You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,444
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ericthebear

Maybe Useful....

If you use the Save & Sync option on the MyDrive Web Route Planner
    The Save & Sync option save a .GPX Track... its basicly a bread crumb track that you follow

The Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route the .ITN Route uses Stops and the divice plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

Using a .ITN Route planned on the MDW Route planner...
    The latest version of MyDrive Web Route planner now uses 'Send Destination' or 'Send Stops' to send an .ITN Route
    The MyDrive Web Route planner only sends the route to the device as a Destination... Or if you add Stops it send it as a Route (But it's is not automatically saved in MyRoutes)
    If you are using .ITN route and 'Send Stops'
    see my workaround below

x9kkavu7m0o4.jpg

qkw01ev5tv6s.jpg

Complex Muti Stop .ITN Route Rider 400
    lv3gbgezr1sx.jpg

Be Aware....
    If your starting point IS NOT your present location there's a BUG
    When using the 'Send Stops' option, during an "A" to "B" route transfer where 'A' IS NOT your present location... The device drops Location "A"
    This bug also applies also to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc...

For more info See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1198253/#Comment_1198253

This is the workaround method I use....

The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Get it Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

(1).... Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner (With or Without Stops as required)

(2)... Zoom in... Place a Sacrificial stop close to the Start Icon

8eaec27f-eba6-4332-bbb7-38ecfdac3110.png
    (4)... Choose the 'Send Stops' option... The route will sync to your device

(5)... The device will calculate your route from your 'Present location'
    (5.1)... The device will calculate your route using Stops in the order that you placed the Stops in the route
    (5.2)... If the planned Start of the Route is your 'Present location'... Then skip Bullet-point... (6)

(6)...When the route has calculated, Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The device will calculate your route from your new location

(7)... Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

ATB YFM
  • EricthebearEricthebear Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Excellent advice mate. I'll keep tabs on it as I progress with my Tom Tom. One thing I did notice as I was getting the route lanner to work was to create my route with the stops so that it was established (blue line) on the map and then delete the stops giving me the full preferred route but with no stops to cause confusion. I still have to test this of course which I will in a couple of weeks.