Scroll map and reverse route/track? — TomTom Community

Scroll map and reverse route/track?

tenderboytenderboy Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
Hi!

Is it really not possible to scroll on the map while driving a route or track?!?

I wanted to have a look at the overall route during riding a route. First of all, it was not even possible to zoom out unless I changed the view from 3D to 2D.
Then I tried to zoom out a little and scroll the map to see the next few villages on the way. Not possible.
Really, TomTom?
Yeah, I mean who would need that in a GPS, right?

Also... it is NOT possible to reverse a route or track (except by hand via rearranging all the waypoints)?!?
Why?

And of course its not possible as well to divide a track or route into 2 separate tracks/routes.
Oh boy.

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,402
    Superusers
    edited June 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @tenderboy
    tenderboy wrote: »
    Is it really not possible to scroll on the map while driving a route or track?!?

I wanted to have a look at the overall route during riding a route. First of all, it was not even possible to zoom out unless I changed the view from 3D to 2D.
    Then I tried to zoom out a little and scroll the map to see the next few villages on the way. Not possible.
    Really, TomTom?
    Yeah, I mean who would need that in a GPS, right? (Snip)

Tap the Direction of Travel Icon Above the Plus & Minus Signs

qc5burqkbzm2.jpg

To toggle between the chosen Driving View and the North-up planning Overview Map
    In the North-up Overview Map you can Pan & Pinch Zoom
    The North-up Overview Map has a more wide and squat pointer

MyDrive Web (v3) Route planner "Reverse Route option"
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

39ea1c3a-38e2-4aaa-8dcc-0ef0067123d9.png

ATB YFM

Answers

Superusers
    edited June 2019 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @tenderboy
    tenderboy wrote: »

Really, TomTom?
    Yeah, I mean who would need that in a GPS, right? (Snip)

Tap the Direction of Travel Icon Above the Plus & Minus Signs

qc5burqkbzm2.jpg

To toggle between the chosen Driving View and the North-up planning Overview Map
    In the North-up Overview Map you can Pan & Pinch Zoom
    The North-up Overview Map has a more wide and squat pointer

MyDrive Web (v3) Route planner "Reverse Route option"
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

39ea1c3a-38e2-4aaa-8dcc-0ef0067123d9.png

ATB YFM
  • tenderboytenderboy Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks a lot!
    Regarding the reverse route : I tried that, but all it does is reverse the start and end points of the route, but deletes all the points in between.
    So instead of a 3 hour round course after reversing its a 10 meter route.
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @tenderboy

You haven't stated which Tomtom Model you own
    But as your in the Rider Sub Category

See below... Tomtom MyDrive Web Route planner
    Click on Image to enlarge....
    1m43ec4jm924.jpg

s5teypil71b6.jpg
    ATB YFM
    edited June 2019
    I have the Rider 550.

The Round-trip option is not available in the mydrive app on Android and also not available in mydrive in the browser of my phone.

Also, I think that should be an option that has to be possible to be done on the GPS unit itself. I really don't want to have to get out my phone and play around with internet connection and so forth for a simple task that every GPS should have in 2019.

Especially, as for example yesterday as I needed it, the mydrive server were not working properly and I also drive in countries where an internet connection on my phone would be very expensive.
  • Michael RunniclesMichael Runnicles Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    AFAIK the only way to reverse a route on the device (400 onward) is to 'reorder points'. Unless you have a lot it's pretty quick.
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 256 [Exalted Navigator]
    AFAIK the only way to reverse a route on the device (400 onward) is to 'reorder points'. Unless you have a lot it's pretty quick.

Agreed.
    The number of times this has been requested! And yet TomTom won't add it, clearly it's not a priority to car driving designer(s)