TMC Traffic Receiver with GO Premium X — TomTom Community

TMC Traffic Receiver with GO Premium X

Does TomTom Premium X support the TMC Traffic receiver Micro USB car charger.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,451 Superuser
    edited June 3
    HI @Mobile_Tom

I don't know if it is compatible but in the meantime the Premium has an inbuilt Mobile Sim that connects with the Tomtom servers and updates the units Traffic, about every 2 minutes I think, and works throughout Europe. The traffic data provided by this system is far better than the TMC method which relies on radio stations and so is not as detailed or have as good a coverage.

Whilst the units will work okay in other parts of the world Traffic will not work anywhere else in the World as it is Locked to the region the unit is first purchased in.

Doug
  • caravanjlcaravanjl Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    I found the RDS Traffic receiver to be absolutely useless & the way that the cable had to be positioned downright dangerous.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,383 Superusers
    Hi
    @Mobile_Tom

The Premium X is not mentioned in the list... But the list may not be up to date
    See... https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/sat-nav/accessories/chargers-cables/traffic-receiver/

ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,383 Superusers
    Hi
    @caravanjl
    caravanjl wrote: »
    I found the RDS Traffic receiver to be absolutely useless & the way that the cable had to be positioned downright dangerous.
    HOW ???

dbaoehbpk5ol.jpg
    ATB YFM

• kingjohn6200kingjohn6200 Posts: 122 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    I used the TNC on the old tomtom go 300, and it did work very well, not to say the system is any good though, but it was fun using it and it did get me out of trouble 40% of the time, cant beat the new live service though, even via the phone its good