mydrive.tomtom.com not loading POI files — TomTom Community

mydrive.tomtom.com not loading POI files

AntonyMAntonyM Posts: 47 [Legendary Explorer]
I have tried on multiple browsers and with different POI files, but I can't load any using mydrive.
Is there a fault with the servers at the moment?
It goes through all the usual file selection screens, but then doesn't show the added file in the list.
And I'm going on a trip in the morning!!!!
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,767 [Elite Voyager]
    edited June 2019
    Hi @AntonyM

As a test try loading one of the POI files you have , which I assume are ov2, into POI Edit. and resave as ov2 there. Then try and load it again via MyDrive.

Have come across the odd POI files that have needed that to work.

Doug
  • AntonyMAntonyM Posts: 47 [Legendary Explorer]
    Hi @DougLap

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that but it still doesn't load the file created by POI Edit.

Antony
    I have also just tried switching to mydrive Beta mode, but that still doesn't help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,767 [Elite Voyager]
    Hi @AntonyM

I assume that when you open MyDrive Connect software you can see your TT unit listed.

I have just imported a second copy of a POI file I have and it has not appeared on my units and also it is not deleted if I try.

Looks like something may be wrong.

Doug.
  • MikeStratMikeStrat Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Anthony... have you found a solution to your "MyDrive not loading POI files" problem? I'm experiencing the same thing!

Here's a link to my post 0n 9/26/2019:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1117809/mydrive-connect-not-downloading-poi-files-to-rider-400#latest

Mike
  • MikeStratMikeStrat Posts: 17 [Outstanding Explorer]
    Ok... I solved MY problem with this. I simply uninstalled / reinstalled MyDrive Connect, then signed back on both MyDrive Connect AND on my Rider 400. Now all is good... POI files properly load onto the Rider!
    Hi MikeStrat,

Yes, they must have fixed the website as it started working again a couple of days later.

Antony