CarPlay released, but not working? - Page 2 — TomTom Community

CarPlay released, but not working?

2»

Comments

• Franz_RiderFranz_Rider Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    daletowe wrote: »
    Why is not possible to see traffic information directly on the car display, but only in the smartphone?

I think Apple imposes some limitation on what you can and can't display. I think they are trying to keep the look and feel of navigation the same (as Apple Maps) pretty much whatever App you use, although there obviously is some flexibility. It would be nice (but obviously unthinkable) if TomTom could actually engage the user community on this. But Brexit will happen before this.

Honestly, the excellent view of the traffic, the missing km to the POIs, the average speed in the Tutor situations, were the only reason I was waiting for the new version of the app: So bad...
  • madmanc99madmanc99 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    installed , shows on phone nothing on car , tried restarting iphone , remains the same ! no tomtom app on car radio on page 1 or 2??
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,160
    Superuser
    HI @madmanc99

On your Phone

Tap Settings
    Tap General
    Tap CarPlay

You now have to set it up with your car and you can reorder the icons that appear on page 1 or 2

I think you add the Tomtom app to the menu.

Doug
  • madmanc99madmanc99 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    i only have 1 screen with 5 apps , there is no way to add tomtom to that screen myself? thanks
  • Gavsta64Gavsta64 Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    DougLap wrote: »
    HI @bertiebear99

The route bar does not appear in CarPlay mode. The cameras etc usually visible in the Route Bar are visible along the route and with Read Aloud Set are announced well in advance. If you create the route before you get in the car then the destination is in the Recent Destinations. In CarPlay Mode Tap the screen and a menu page appears. select Recent Destinations and select from the ones you prepared earlier.

Doug.

Hi Doug. I'm not seeing the cameras along the route in CarPlay mode but I did see one today on the phone screen when not connected to car play and also got the audible warning. Is that a known issue or can I change settings to get them to show?
    I have "Speed Camera Warnings" set to "Always" in the 'Fixed Camera" option.I've now changed the "Warning type" to "Read Aloud" rather than "Warning Sounds" after reading one of your other posts.... I'll check to see if that makes a difference but I'm a bit skeptical.