AGAIN and again...useless tomtom system — TomTom Community

AGAIN and again...useless tomtom system

AgulaAgula Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited June 2019 in MyDrive Connect
i went on web to buy maps ,before that i wanted to check if my car nav will connect ..and again doesnt exist ..doesnt connect ...pc and system doesnt read my car nav. after once was connected should works stright away ..but not tomtom ..tomtom is making everything to make a sure that customers will never back for there products and service , before i had germin i should never change ..at least was connectable ... no even option to contact customer service in stright easy way .... i defo wont recommend tom tom to any one

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @Agula

May be more fruitful if you advised what Tomtom unit you have , what you have tried to do re connecting to your TT unit to your PC , what Software you have downloaded on your PC.etc etc.

With more information we could possibly resolve any difficulties you have. Your post does nothing to assist us in resolving anything.

Doug
  • AgulaAgula Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    i had an issue when i got it than was " fixed " and i could registr. my nav . I wasnt using device since feb. and as i go for h-days i decided to buy maps today .. doesnt make any different what pc system as i never change my system since device was connected 1st time .. so logically should still works with no issue - i just wasted 2 hours with tom tom to try to find solution or answer ... if it will be like that each time ..i want to get my money back ...that is all ... i have no time to waste for tom tom because there will be always some problem as i can see .i didnt buy car nav to keep email service each time when i try to connect my nav . its pure joke
    Superuser
    Hi

So still no advice on the Tomtom Model. As you still have the same system have you made sure your Tomtom Software on the PC is up to date.

Maybe this Video will help.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034275/device-not-connecting-to-your-computer-mydrive-connect

Doug
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 669
    Superuser
    Unfortunately you have managed to write a very lengthy reply which hasn't addressed any of DougLap's requests for information. Without any of this it's impossible to help you get to the bottom of what may be a completely fixable situation.

So to reiterate...
    DougLap wrote: »
    what Tomtom unit you have
    what you have tried to do re connecting to your TT unit to your PC
    what Software you have downloaded on your PC
    windows 7 , car nav TT start52 ... that i was able to connect few months ago (after issue -to even regist.) and again same problem ...i forgot there was one more on the way i couldnt get on my account after i signed in -3 problems in a half year ?????????
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi

Why are you buying a map as don't you have lifetime updates for the map that comes with the unit.

If you are buying a map because you are going to an area not covered by the map then have you checked to see if the map will also fit in the 16GB internal memory or do you need to install a Micro SD Class 10 card in the extra memory slot to take the map. For example you cannot get the USA map and the European map on the internal memory together.

Here is a video re difficulties connecting to the MyDrive Software on your PC. Does that help resolve your difficulties. It did for someone else this morning within 10 minutes of watching it.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034275/device-not-connecting-to-your-computer-mydrive-connect

If you want to reinstall MyDrive here is where to get software.

https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/getstarted/p/4260

Doug
    i want to buy a maps because i got just maps that doesnt include country in EU that i go to( for my h-days )... logically ..i wouldnt buy if i would have ...start52 comes with western eu .. and its not enough ... here is the reason ;) thank You for Your answer anyway
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi

Be aware that if you think that you can buy the Eastern European map to cover the areas you want then remember that the no satnav will calculate a route that needs both maps to work. to create a route. You need the full European map to be able to do that.

The full European map is nearly 9GB so how much free memory have you got on your Internal memory to accept more maps.?

Doug

i just connect my nav to pc :D:D but now i cant log in on tt my home on my pc ,after i just updated my home i keep geting info that my tt my home need update nad it is the problem :D:D:D never ever tom tom again ... i never had any issue with anything in my life as with tom tom :D:D and tesco mobil service .. rubish
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    HI

The Start 52 requires you to download MyDrive Connect Software. The Tomtom Home software is for the older models and will not link to your Start 52..

See my link for software on my previous post.

Doug
    i did bought .. Yours as well .. on the car nav i have info that is connected ..on my home i have info that is not connected .. i give up im tired and i have to make my self ready for work. thank You for all Your help ... im very disappointed with tom tom service . have a great day
    what is going on - i cant log in to my home i had a chat with tomtom service they said that i wont be able to upload maps that i paid for and i wont be able to log in to my home because my insurance expired ???? what kind of insurance ... i cant see any info about that .. i ve been informed that i have to pay for insurance .,.. there is no such a option like "insurance" to pay for ... what the xxck, i paid for nav that i used once and i cant even plug in to my home and i paid for map that i cant upload to sat nav that cant be read by myhome because of some insurance that i cant even find to buy ...it is joke
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,272
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Agula

"Insurance" That's Nonsense???
    I hope you haven't logged onto or phoned one of the Scam/Fake Tomtom sites that have been appearing over the last couple of weeks

ATB YFM
    Superuser
    Hi @Agula

I have a horrible feeling @yamfazman could be right.

What country are you in and what number have you been ringing.

Doug