Why is my Tomtom Rider not waterproof after 3 yrs?

jilly1965jilly1965 Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
My Tomtom Rider sat nav was bought in 2016. It used to work fine in the rain. Now after riding in the rain I have these issues. Heavy raindrops change the screen. Water is obviously getting in through the rear speaker areas and the whole device just gets damp and ceases to function. At present it is still drying out after being caught in a storm in Brazil.....that was 6 days ago and my device is still not working correctly. A motorcycle sat nav should be totally waterproof like the clock on your dash. I have other complaints re Tom tom but of a different nature. So far the lifespan of my TT for being waterproof is 2 yrs......so what happens next TT......are you going to offer to fix it, replace seals???... and how much does that cost??? I'm not in a position to send it to you for repair at the present as I'm in Brazil.

Comments

• RideruserRideruser Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Have the same trouble with the same model bought in 2015. It experienced several rains with moisture behind the screen. It resolved in few days and worked afterwards (with much of effort). However, the last spring after a rain the left half of the screen remained non-responding. Since then it is nor usable.
    Last week I read at one of the internet forums that waterproof was an issue with that model and that TomTom recognized it as a company failure and offered a replacement. Hope for an answer from TomTom how to resolve the issue.
  • ChrisHallChrisHall Posts: 248 [Exalted Navigator]
    This was my experience in the UK
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1113679/great-customer-service-from-tomtom#latest

Perhaps you can get the same if you call TomTom.
  • RideruserRideruser Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your response and support Chris.