TomTom Multisport doesn't work? Only the watch function.
edited January 24
The left and right button seems stuck, the up and down clicks nicely. When I connect to the Computer, it doesn't register the watch, nor connect or charge. Only the watch function is working
Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):
1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?
Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.
As to the button, it is likely that the rocker mechanism broke. If it is a MultiSport model it is going to be out of warranty so there is nothing that can be done. TomTom does not offer a repair service and the watch division went out of business over 18 months ago, Time to discard it and get a new device from another company.
I have the same problem. The pins in the connection of charging wire vs. the pins of watch are in bad condition. I only press the connection with my hands. And then it is working.
Welcome and support
Maps and Services
RoadTrips by TomTom
Community Knowledge Base