Connection problems with Microsoft Surface Pro 3 & 4 — TomTom Community

Connection problems with Microsoft Surface Pro 3 & 4

RobiWan1971RobiWan1971 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
When updating my TomTom rider 410 with Windows 10 the connection is beiing broken.
This is the solution, with all credits to Techguy378.
The reason why I repost this is because something changed on this website and this post could not be found anymore. For me it was the perfect solution:

techguy378 wrote:
Sure. At the Windows desktop right click on the start button and click Run.
- Type "regedit" and hit enter.
- When the registry editor opens up go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Power.
- On the right pane double click on CsEnabled and change the value from 1 to 0 and click OK.
- Then reboot your computer.

This should solve your problem. This is what Techguy378 wrote more. For my problem it was not applicable.

After it reboots then from the desktop right click on the start menu and click on Power Options. Click on Change Plan Settings next to Balanced (or whatever profile you're using). Click on Change advanced power settings. Go to USB settings > USB selective suspend setting. Change this to Disabled and click OK. You should now be good to go. The USB selective suspend setting appears to be the number one cause of random disconnects on any and all TomTom devices, even older ones that use TomTom Home software. I should note that for Surface 3 Pro users at least you will have to give up Connected Standby if you want to use a TomTom GPS unit with this computer. If you reenable Connected Standby then the USB selective suspend feature will be turned back on. This means you sacrifice things like the alarm clock feature in Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if this affects other Windows laptops with Connected Standby support.

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,444
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @RobiWan1971

techguy378 Post...
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/970071/#Comment_970071

See...
    Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4
    Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if so plug your device into a USB port on that. Others have found that to work

On the Win10 tablets, Microsoft has hidden the "USB Selective Suspend" menu
    You will need to edit the Registry for the USB Selective Suspend menu to show

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

I added an Image to user techguy378 How to....

Hi

Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if so plug your device into a USB port on that. Others have found that to work

The registry edit/hack suggested by techguy378 does still work, I've just updated my Start 60, GO 5000 and Rider 400 using my Win10 tablet (Win 10 Latest version) and the registry edit/hack

techguy378 wrote:
    At the Windows desktop right click on the start button and click Run. Type "regedit" and hit enter
    When the registry editor opens up go to....
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Power

Images added by YamFazMan
    e60fca28-0127-4ba6-831d-2fce3d41d65b.png
    Scroll down to 'Power' and click on the 'Power' folder
    b9168ab7-5b70-44ee-bfdb-c4ac8084291d.png
    On the right pane double click on CsEnabled
    Change the value from 1 to 0 and click OK.
    9cf71971-65cc-4031-8c31-4c9a02c977e3.png
    Then reboot your computer. After it reboots then from the desktop right click on the start menu and click on Power Options. Click on Change Plan Settings next to Balanced (or whatever profile you're using). Click on Change advanced power settings. Go to USB settings > USB selective suspend setting. Change this to Disabled and click OK. You should now be good to go. The USB selective suspend setting appears to be the number one cause of random disconnects on most if not all TomTom devices

ATB YFM