Trucker 6000 stuck on no maps — TomTom Community

Trucker 6000 stuck on no maps

Can someone add UK and ROI small maps to my account as I think I might not have enough free memory.

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,161
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BanburyGuy

The Truck 6000 has 16gb of internal memory and that is plenty of memory for the Full European map with space to spare. Why do you think you might not have enough memory.

Have you recently tried an update and finished up with No Map Available. This situation is likely to have happened because there was an interruption during the update and as the current map is deleted prior to the updated map being installed this is the result.

Here is a video to show what to do in the event of no map found.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Regarding the request for a smaller map that is not a bad idea. Maybe a mod will see this and possibly allocate a small map to your account. The benefit is when you have the unit working again you load the small map which loads on the Internal memory. leave the map untouched and use the European map that came with the Unit. The benefit of the small map is if you have a problem during an Update of th main map you have a valid map on the unit s that it will start and you can sort the problem map out and not have the No Map Available.

All the best.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @BanburyGuy

The Truck 6000 has 16gb of internal memory and that is plenty of memory for the Full European map with space to spare. Why do you think you might not have enough memory.

Have you recently tried an update and finished up with No Map Available. This situation is likely to have happened because there was an interruption during the update and as the current map is deleted prior to the updated map being installed this is the result.

Here is a video to show what to do in the event of no map found.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Regarding the request for a smaller map that is not a bad idea. Maybe a mod will see this and possibly allocate a small map to your account. The benefit is when you have the unit working again you load the small map which loads on the Internal memory. leave the map untouched and use the European map that came with the Unit. The benefit of the small map is if you have a problem during an Update of th main map you have a valid map on the unit s that it will start and you can sort the problem map out and not have the No Map Available.

All the best.

Doug
  • BanburyGuyBanburyGuy Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    Cheers thought it was a big odd as said had 5gig free before the update

I'll check out that video 😀
    Superuser
    Hi @BanburyGuy

Can I ask why you have marked that you disagree with my post?????

Doug
    Sorry didn't realise I had, reading it on my phone
    Superuser
    Hi @BanburyGuy

Thats okay. easily done. You will have noticed that yamfazman deleted his post. I very nearly posted similar comments to his as my first assumption was that the Truck 6000 wa the same as the car 6000 which has 8Gb internal memory.

Hope you get it sorted.

Doug
    Thanks for the help, after a lot of messing about and getting stuck on 18% then going back to 10% constantly it turns out my problem was having unticked the box to download the map to the pc first!

Cheers
    Superuser
    Hi @BanburyGuy

Thank you for the update. Glad you are okay now.

Doug