Will my TomTom Go 530 be affected by the upcoming GPS Week Number Rollover? — TomTom Community

Will my TomTom Go 530 be affected by the upcoming GPS Week Number Rollover?

It wouldn't accept my serial number on your 'check' page

Best Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,903
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    HI @pollyanna

That checks out okay. I am a customer like you and sorry to say that your device was declared obsolete from 16th January 2018 and they say it is no longer supported through phone, and it's not possible to buy new maps and services for your device. You can still get help through our user forum and FAQs. If your unit was sold with Lifetime map updates then that will be honoured..

Have you looked to see if there are any updates for your unit recently or have you updated since July last year so you may already be covered for the WNRO. If when you turn your Tomtom on and create a route it connects to the satellites then if the Times being displayed are working as normal then you are okay. If they were zeroing after connecting to the sats then you are being affected..

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi

What are the first 2 characters of your serial number

Doug
  • PolyannaPolyanna Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    Hi Doug

Its: J1
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    HI @pollyanna

That checks out okay. I am a customer like you and sorry to say that your device was declared obsolete from 16th January 2018 and they say it is no longer supported through phone, and it's not possible to buy new maps and services for your device. You can still get help through our user forum and FAQs. If your unit was sold with Lifetime map updates then that will be honoured..

Have you looked to see if there are any updates for your unit recently or have you updated since July last year so you may already be covered for the WNRO. If when you turn your Tomtom on and create a route it connects to the satellites then if the Times being displayed are working as normal then you are okay. If they were zeroing after connecting to the sats then you are being affected..

Doug
    Thanks Doug. I have updated and thought everything was OK however, every now and again the TomTom goes blank and I have to pull over and stick a pin in it to reset it!! I'm thinking I will use my smartphone instead but the screen is smaller so thought I'd persevere with the TomTom as long as I could. Perhaps its telling me its time to change the car. Thanks again for your help....good to know someones around!
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @pollyanna

Can you see how much free memory you have on the internal memory. What map do you have on bye unit and is it a whole map or a map zone.

By the way it is usually cheaper to change a TT than a car? =)=)

Doug
    Did you mean the memory on the Tomtom...or my phone?. I've just got a new Google pixel 3a so memory for map should be OK. I've just downloaded Faze onto it...& looks as if it would be good...so it will be bye to TomTom...Ha,ha...Ive also got a Windows Lumia phone..also naff now...hence the new pixel!!...Should say Waze...not Faze..it wouldn't let me change it.
    Hi.. I tried to find the memory size...map size etc but there didn't seem to be a way of finding out...as I searched I kept getting an offer to upgrade my Tomtom so I think their message has got through to me...time to use my Google pixel phone & dump the TomTom.
    Thank you for taking time to try to sort me out...much appreciated! :)