VIA 53 / My Drive / Bluetooth Issue

WP1950
WP1950 Registered Users Posts: 114
Renowned Wayfarer
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My SAMSUNG S7 smartphone with MyDrive 2.6.0 is used to connect to my In-Car (Toyota Yaris 2017) entertainment system and my Tom Tom VIA 53 using Bluetooth. This all works well except for one point.

If I use the car system to make a phone call, it all works up to the point the connection is made and then the connection is switched to the Tom Tom and I have to make the call using the poorer quality Tom Tom system.

Can anyone suggest a way to leave the call running throught the car in-built system.

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,851
    Superuser
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi @WP1950

If you go into the blue tooth settings on the TT if you click on the Samsung phone connection can you unselect a hands free option and just leave the Data selected so you get the Traffic etc.

Doug

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,851
    Superuser
    edited May 2019 Answer ✓
    Hi @WP1950

If you go into the blue tooth settings on the TT if you click on the Samsung phone connection can you unselect a hands free option and just leave the Data selected so you get the Traffic etc.

Doug
  • WP1950
    WP1950 Registered Users Posts: 114
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Thanks for the response. I will check this out next time in the car. It sounds like that this will cure the issue I am having.