Why can't I update my maps??????

Gadge99
Gadge99 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I get that the current maps don't fit on the device and you would love to sell me a new one but WHY can't I simply get a copy of the last set of maps that did fit on my product????

That would leave ME free to decide when those maps were too old to use anymore and then buy a new device.

Your decision to not offer me that option is crazy and I will never buy from you again unless you change that policy.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @Gadge99

Do I assume that your TT one has lost its map for some reason. Would this possible help you recover it. Worth a try

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

Doug

• Gadge99
    Gadge99 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Traveler
    edited May 2019
    Not lost the maps but I haven't updated it for ages so probably well out of date.

I just bought an old car with no sat nav so want to use it again.
    I Just want the latest maps that were made available before it became obsolete.

Actually, I just updated the unit but assume the European maps are still not the most recent version for my Tom Tom one???
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @Gadge99

There are various versions of the Tomtom One which I assume is the unit you are talking about as that is mentioned in your Profile. The Internal memory on these units varies considerably, from 0gb to 2GB against the latest models which have 16gb and the European map is as much as 9gb..

I also assume that any updating you did of the map you had to pay for and so it would seem the thing to do is to establish what capacity you have got available for a map and then ask whether Tomtom are prepared to make available the last map that did fit , if available, and at what cost.

So can you advise the first 2 characters of your Serial number so we can see the exact version you have. Also you say that you have just updated it and so can you indicate what Map you have on it and the reference number of it.

Clearly the maps for your unit are much smaller than the latest which on the current units are updated free of charge roughly 4 times a year. With the lack of demand for new maps for these old models the business case for keeping them updated can't have been good. I think the One range were first offered for sale before the first iPhone came to the market and getting updates for those stopped years ago.

So lets have the information requested and we can see what happens from there.

Doug