In-Dash App issues with latest release - Page 2 — TomTom Community

In-Dash App issues with latest release

2»

Answers

• barrycooperbrownbarrycooperbrown Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    OK, so I called the UK office several times and each time was put in a queue for over 20 minutes. I have resorted to using the online chat and I managed to type with someone however they had no idea and gave me the number I had been calling.
    So I guess i am back in the same situation..... purchased the product in May, played around with my network settings as it would not download a map, looked on this site and found that numerous other customers were in the same boat

A ray of sunshine is that our friend @Jurgen. has 20 badges against his name (hoorah), and one of these is first aid which is fortunate as I have a major wound on my forehead from banging it against a wall for the last 2 months.

Come on @Jurgen. us "End Users" would really appreciate a release date as I want to connect this app to my car before I am too old to drive.
  • SysRqSysRq Posts: 8 [Master Traveler]
    It's @Jürgen , not @Jurgen. ;)
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,062 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited July 22
    SysRq wrote: »
    It's @Jürgen , not @Jurgen. ;)

Difficult to type on some ķëŷbŏãŕđş‼
  • Markus100Markus100 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    So basically ive paid £50 for non tangible goods that dont even work . Its difficult or impossible to get refunded and customer services dont reply .im reading here that theres a fix but still nothing . Ive waited long enough . Tomtom refund us !
  • NdhawkinsNdhawkins Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Everyone has the same problem of course. Unacceptable that a product costing £57 is rendered totally unusable. Why is the fix taking so long? It has been two months now. Google play rejected my refund request.
    Please ask them to test it before releasing it!
    TomTom desperately needs to roll back to the previous version! This is a disgrace. The solution is easy.
  • Sp4rkySp4rky Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Yes the simple option is rollback and release again when fixed.

But considering they are no longer giving us updates I doubt that will be happening
  • BiscuitBiscuit Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    What is going on? I've been wanting to get this App for my partner for months but reviews on the Google App store indicate that it's pointless buying it until TomTom pull their finger out.

Very Frustrating
    And still no update :angry:
  • tonygameirotonygameiro Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I would suggest this is illegal, to allow customers to continue buying and registering an ap that is KNOWN NOT TO BE WORKING, i think i may make a call to the ombudsman in the UK to report this
    Ok, I got some very disappointing news:

"Hi, SysRq. Meanwhile I have more news about the In-Dash App. With the arrival of the new GO Navigation App, the In-Dash App will no longer be further developed; it is End-Of-Life. You can request a refund for the application via:. Sorry for the inconvenience"

:/
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,062 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited August 23
    SysRq wrote: »
    Ok, I got some very disappointing news:

"Hi, SysRq. Meanwhile I have more news about the In-Dash App. With the arrival of the new GO Navigation App, the In-Dash App will no longer be further developed; it is End-Of-Life. You can request a refund for the application via:. Sorry for the inconvenience"

:/
    A weird statement when of course the new GO Navigation app has not yet arrived except in a very few countries in South America.
    Which would be fine if the go app would display on my car.

Can't understand why spend Dev time to release a new version of the app, break it and then discontinue it.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,861 Community Manager
    TomTom will be discontinuing TomTom In-Dash in the next weeks. We understand that this may cause frustration among customers and therefore TomTom is offering a full refund for those users who paid for the app on Google Play. Please visit https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/p/4569 and select the category ‘Orders’. Depending on the time of the day you can start a chat session or email us. One of our agents will help you with the refund process.
    Jürgen wrote: »
    TomTom will be discontinuing TomTom In-Dash in the next weeks. We understand that this may cause frustration among customers and therefore TomTom is offering a full refund for those users who paid for the app on Google Play. Please visit https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact/p/4569 and select the category ‘Orders’. Depending on the time of the day you can start a chat session or email us. One of our agents will help you with the refund process.

Hi any chance the previous version can be uploaded to the play store or even better the indash support added to the go application?
  • PnSPnS Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    I've received a refund.
  • CaptainBCaptainB Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Likewise, received a refund.
  • daveamosdaveamos Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I've received a refund too.
    Me too. Still unhappy though, both Sygic and Genius aren't exactly working quite as well as Tomtom. Someone another suggestion?