In-Dash App issues with latest release

Sp4rkySp4rky Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
Has any one updated to the latest In-dash released a couple of days ago?

I can not run it now as it wants to download an update and then says no network connection.

I have tried removing data and uninstall / reinstall but this now will not run as it wants me to download a map and then gives the same no network error.

Tested on 4G and Wi-Fi and same issue,

I also have the Go app and this is working ok.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,019 TomTom Moderator
    Hi Sp4rky,

Welcome to the Community & Thank you for reporting this! We've passed this on to the concerned team and they're looking into this.

Regards, lampard

Help others find useful content by clicking the like button and selecting the best answer to your question! You can check out our Knowledge Base and find the best comments on the Community here.
    Most important of all, have fun and be kind to one another!

• barrycooperbrownbarrycooperbrown Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    edited May 31
    I have exactly the same problem TomTom Go works fine but In-Dash does not download as it thinks I have no network. When I start the app it wants me to download a map. When i start to download a map for the UK it says "Download Paused" , "Download will continue when your device is connected to a network". My device is on the WIFI
  • storeybook1storeybook1 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    When I start the app it wants me to download a map. When i start to download a map for the UK it says "Download Paused" , "Download will continue when your device is connected to a network". My device is on the WIFI
  • karel_vgkarel_vg Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    edited May 31
    I have the same problem, device is on the wifi connection. when solution.
    app on samsung s10 hl8fzx8ejvro.jpg
  • ChinALoiJChinALoiJ Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I have exactly the same problem on two devices, one with android 8.1.0 and the other with android 8.0.0. tried to update and also after reinstall.
  • Sp4rkySp4rky Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    There are 8 new reviews on the Google play store with people having the same issue. I logged a support ticket but have not yet heard anything back. Come on Tom Tom pull the update and out the old version back on while this issue is sorted.
    When are you going to fix the error from you recent update to the in dash app where we can not download maps due to "no connection" error message.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,784 Community Manager
    Our developers are working on getting a fix out as soon as possible.
  • SysRqSysRq Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    Jürgen, any update on this? It still doesn't work, and to be honest, I find it very disappointing that it takes TomTom so long to find a solution.
    To be honest I am thinking of scrapping my subscription and asking for a refund. I understand that there are always bugs etc as I work for a software developer myself, however the lack of comms on progress is very concerning.
    I'm unhappy with the fact I logged a ticket finally got an email asking for information I already provided.

Also just tried my old android s7 nothing else on it and same error.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,056 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited June 3
    TomTom brings out an update that bricked their app and then had no plan in place for a prompt remedy, such as offering the previous working version as a temporary "update" via Play Store to return their customers to some functioning product. A poor show both on their inadequate product testing and then in their fail in customer support over the consequences of that mistake.
    The app has currently a rating of 1.5. And still no reply....
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 4,784 Community Manager
    We now have a fix and are working on a release for end-users.
    Jürgen wrote: »

Happy to beta test this. Accidently updated my phone to android 9.0 this morning and will have to re flash back to 8.0 as 9 does not work well with my car so not worried if it causes any issues.

Can I also suggest that when it's updated In the play store that the version number is updated along with some update notes. Would have liked to know what were new features / bug fixes that were supposed to have been done in this last update. For example I know people have complained it does not work on android pie so was this last update to fix that ?
  • Rolandmk7Rolandmk7 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    When i start to download a map for the Europe central it says "Download Paused" , "Download will continue when your device is connected to a network". My device is on the WIFI Samsung Galaxy S10
    Jürgen wrote: »

And?..... :'(
    Can we please have an update for this. I just had to purchase an alternative app as I needed something to work with the car.
    Either release the fix ,or roll back to the precious version.
  • De_WestDe_West Posts: 0 [New Traveler]
    I downloaded the in Dash app. It doesn't work. When I try to download a map, it stops/pauses at 1 %. I reinstalled the app. Cleaned my data (samsung S8). But nthing helps. Can anyone help me. Because I get no decent response from TomTom.
  • karel_vgkarel_vg Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    hello TomTom, problem for about more than 3 months.

when update please
    his is becoming a disgrace. I get the distinct impression that TomTom really do not care about their customers otherwise a fix would have been released by now.
    The communication is appalling, the lack of and detail. I have just written to the head office to complain about this product and the fact that they took my money and provided an app that just didn't work.
  • PnSPnS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @barrycooperbrown would be good if you could post the response you receive from HO.

I've contacted the technical team and have been advised I will receive an update by the end of today. I have specifically referred to the recent reviews on the Play Store and to this thread, in particular @Jürgen 's posts of 31/5 & 7/6. I was told they would look at these and will include in their response.

Will advise.
    Good luck with that it takes them a week to respond I have pointed them to this discussion and the play reviews and they don't know anything.
  • PnSPnS Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]

No call received y'day so rang them ..... and guess what .... they have no record of me ringing y'day !!

A very helpful lady advised that "the team are working on a fix but have no delivery date as yet" !! ..... heard that before anyone ? ......

I asked how they can justify continuing to sell the product when there is clearly an issue. She advised the issue isn't affecting all customers. I again referred her to this post and the reviews on Play Store (I've not looked but presumably Apple Store has similar?) and suggested even if the percentage of people affected is low the evidence could suggest the number of people affected may be significant. Perhaps we should ask BBC Watchdog for a view ??

Anyways, I obtained a call reference so at least there is a record this time. I was advised she is escalating to their 'concern team' ... I'm looking forward to finding out how concerned they actually are, that's if they care to phone me back of course.

She also promised she would inform me as soon as they have an update.

Not holding my breath !!

Perhaps JLR should add Waze instead ?
    Still no update!! :-1: :-1: