road construction reports disappeared — TomTom Community

road construction reports disappeared

jackson_holejackson_hole Posts: 21 [Master Traveler]
@VikramK Yesterday I reported two road closures in Wolfsburg, Germany with attached photos. They completely disappeared from the portal. I mean what the heck is happening here? Do you want us to continue to contribute? I definitely think TomTom is not taking this seriously.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,257 Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Hi Jackson

I had a chat with my one the colleagues working closely with the maps team and they were able to trace the reports you created on the 27th May 2019.

In fact there are 3 of them on that date as we look into it. Further I can only confirm that these reports are in process(in-progress) so someone in the team is already working on them.

But the strange part is that you don't see it under 'My Reports'. Could you try logging off> clearing the browser cache and logging in again please?

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • jackson_holejackson_hole Posts: 21 [Master Traveler]
    Still can't see any report past May 13. Also processing these reports takes way too long? What's the point of reporting road blocks when TomTom reviews the reports for 2 weeks? When I report them to Google they are usually visible within 2 hours.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,481
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @jackson_hole
    (Snip)What's the point of reporting road blocks when TomTom reviews the reports for 2 weeks? When I report them to Google they are usually visible within 2 hours.
    Maybe ???
    Google Staff......98,771 (Q4 2018)
    Tomtom Staff... 5,077 (end of 2018)
    Data source Google
    ATB YFM
    What do employee numbers have to do with anything? Google offers like 300 different services including self driving cars. TomTom is only doing navigation. And btw the community is giving these local updates for free to TomTom so they should at the least be able to process these updates in a timely manner.
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,900
    Superusers
    Similar issue for me, the reported closures all disappeared. By the way, it seems the website is not working now at all: it's loading, and eventually I get forwarded to the main TomTom website.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,481
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    What do employee numbers have to do with anything? Google offers like 300 different services including self driving cars. TomTom is only doing navigation (Snip)

TomTom acquires Autonomous driving start-up in race towards self-driving tech
    https://www.cbronline.com/internet-of-things/tomtom-acquires-autonomous-driving-start-race-towards-self-driving-tech/

ATB YFM

@YamFazMan this is OT. what does this have to do with the problem in the original post?