my sat nav is affected by the week roll over and I want to replace it with a rider 550 can this be d — TomTom Community

my sat nav is affected by the week roll over and I want to replace it with a rider 550 can this be d

piddsterpiddster Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
my sat nav is affected by the week roll over and I want to replace it with a rider 550 can this be done?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @piddster

Phone Support ask about a loyalty discount...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

ATB YFM
  • tiljestiljes Posts: 249 [Exalted Navigator]
    @piddster
    Which Rider are you using? 2013 (serial starting with K4)? If yes, I have a fix for that. Just sent me a PM with your email and I'll help you out.
  • JesBJesB Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    @tiljes interested in the fix... I have a K4 too. I'll send you a pm.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited June 2019
    Hello all,

Of course we assume that @tiljes only wants to help here. And, obviously, we are always happy when customers help other customers here in the forum.

However, we must point out that installing software that was not developed by us poses a threat to our devices. In addition, the software was not subjected to our test routines. We therefore strongly advise against installing anything on TomTom devices that is not officially ours!

Our technicians have begun work on a Rider 2013 fix. Unfortunately, I cannot name a timeframe here.

Thank you,
    Vikram :)
  • GettingfedupnowGettingfedupnow Posts: 20 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I can add that I added and used the file that tiljes very kindly shared and it worked 100%. Personally I find it abhorrent that TomTom could not be bothered to develop a fix for their own issue what 3 months on ?? and its left to outside sources to fix. Of course a cynical person may think that TT have a vested interest in not fixing existing product in the hope that users would buy again...luckily I am not cynical. If anyone wants to "gamble" and actually get their units working, rather than waiting for the end of time for TT to issue their fix - you can also PM me too. I have added it to my Google drive. After all - whats to lose ? You already have a Nav system that is not fit for purpose. Assuming that this post will be deleted soon - spread the word as far as you are able.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,070
    Superusers
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Gettingfedupnow
    (Snip) Personally I find it abhorrent that TomTom could not be bothered to develop a fix for their own issue what 3 months on ?? and its left to outside sources to fix (Snip)
    Tomtom have stated they are working on a fix for the Rider 2013
    (Snip) Assuming that this post will be deleted soon - spread the word as far as you are able.
    The original 3rd party WNRO Fix was posted on the UK Forum on the 20th of April (A Copy & Paste from a Dutch Forum)
    No one has removed/deleted that post....
    No one has removed/deleted the other posts like yours that are aiso offering to send the patch, why would they delete yours ???
    I post a link on the forum to a Registry Hack to fix the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 & 4 random disconnect when using MyDrive Connect, no one has deleted those
    Uses have been reprogramming the NAV2 devices for many many years

All that is being said here is...
    If you use one of the Fixes/Hacks you do so at your own risk... They are not verified or approved by Tomtom

ALL of my 8 Various Tomtom (NAV3... WNRO Fixed on 26 July 2018 Navkit Version 12.075)... NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices have worked perfectly from Day one of Week Number Roll Over bug

NavKit release date & information....
    What's new in the latest software for my navigation device?
    See... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/release_notes/type/navkit

ATB YFM