Error code 107 on GO Live 820 — TomTom Community

Error code 107 on GO Live 820

updated my tomtom live820 now cannot get GPS signal. shows error code 107. what is wrong?

Comments

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Try a soft reset. If not, then do a factory reset. If that didn't work too, contact customer support.
  • xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Also, Error Code 107 may mean "SIM Card Error" which means that your LIVE SIM may have been expired.
  • furneauxfurneaux Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Basically everyone with a LIVE device has a set period to pay a renewal for live services if you dont renew within the period the inbuilt sim card is cancelled and your device will never again receive live services as TOMTOM will not replace the sim

This in my opinion constitutes mis selling the device as it is not mentioned on purchase or any of the documentation.

I am seeking legal advice on this matter
  • falconhrsfalconhrs Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Also My opinion

Why Should the sim card be paid since it is not a standard number like the mobile, it is just to communicate with the device through the GSM Network, Even if it has an IMEI.
    And it is built this way by TomTom, and or other Navigation Manufacturers.
    All cars with navigation system built-in it has the same type of Simcard.
    And not paying for Simcard.

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,461
    Superusers
    edited September 2020
    Hi
    @falconhrs
    Welcome to the site....
    falconhrs wrote: »
    Also, My opinion
    Why Should the SIM card be paid since it is not a standard number like the mobile, it is just to communicate with the device through the GSM Network, Even if it has an IMEI.
    All cars with navigation system built-in it has the same type of SIM card.
    And not paying for SIM card.
    Of course, you pay for the SIM Card and Live services....
    The Live devices cost more in the first place, It's a one off payment built into the purchase price....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,909
    Superuser
    falconhrs wrote: »
    Also My opinion

Why Should the sim card be paid since it is not a standard number like the mobile, it is just to communicate with the device through the GSM Network, Even if it has an IMEI.
    All cars with navigation system built-in it has the same type of Simcard.
    And not paying for Simcard.

My assumption would be is that the sim in the units is a Data sim similar to those that you get for use in Mifi's and Tablets etc and is issued by a Mobile network provider and has its own Mobile Phone number , as the one I use in a Mifi certainly does. It may well be that the network provider disables the number if there has been no activity on it for a certain period of time as I am sure they do with Mobile phone numbers that are no longer used

If you go onto the Ofcom website it states that with Pay as you Go if you do not use a Pay. as you go number at least once every 5 months then you are at risk of losing the facility.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,461
    Superusers
    edited September 2020
    Hi All
    In UK & (Europe?) Tomtom uses a Vodafone SIM....
    This end of service process is no different to any of the other Phone service providers, after 'n' Weeks (Various) of 'Zero use' they set the SIM to Sleep Mode, then after a further 'n' Weeks (Various) they disable the SIM....
    I can imagine there must have been, or still could be, thousands if not tens of thousands, of Tomtom Live devices out there, which have no Live Services Subscriptions and every one of those systems is pointlessly logging in and out of the network every time the device is used
    To me it makes environmental sense to shut-down redundant SIM's
    Also, as far as I'm aware the SIM card is automatically disconnected after 18 months without use... Tomtom sends emails the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card....

Last week I was given notice by gifgaf informing me that the SIM in my hardly ever used Nokia Windows 10 Phone will be de-activated unless I use the phone more often....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM