TomTom- No GPS Signal 2019 | Week Number Roll-Over | TIMER Reset 00.00 | Error-"You cannot use this map"

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1112782/tomtom-no-gps-signal-2019#latest

GO 6200 Professional - missing features ?

Hello there,

I've bought the Tom Tom GO 6200 Professional GPS unit, but I can't manage to find few options - I have all of them on my GO910 and GO930:

- How to check for specific coordinates on the map ? - I want to "click on a specific point and show exactly that coordinates".

- Something with the parkings and gas stations is wrong, it doesn't show all of them available during the trip, but works for the whole map.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 7,222 TomTom Moderator
    edited May 28
    Hi @A_Aleksiev91

Welcome to the community!

1. Main menu tap Search and select whole map. If you go down and tap on latitude longitude the ones displayed there are for your current location.

2. For the second question do you mean the parkings and gas stations should only be shown for your route?

Regards
    Vikram :)
    Have a question? Ask!
    Did a reply resolve your query, please mark it as answer!
    Try the search; the information you are looking for could already be available.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 2,212 Superuser
    edited May 28
    HI @A_Aleksiev91

You cannot identify the Long and Lat of a point on the Map on current TT units. As @VikramK has described you can see your current position but only that .

The solution is to Download the Mapcode App to your Phone and using the Map in Hybrid mode, looks like Google Earth, you can find the Long/Lat of anywhere in the world as well as a Mapcode for the position.

If you use the Europe map if you type in the Mapcode GBR DH.FX in search and select the first answer you are directed to the Middle gate at Buckingham Palace in London.

Doug
  • bigbig Posts: 1,517 Superuser
    - How to check for specific coordinates on the map ? - I want to "click on a specific point and show exactly that coordinates".
    In addition to the good suggestions, a crazy work-around is to tap and hold on the spot where you want the coordinates. When a menu comes up, click the three dots and select "Add to My Places".

When you get to a computer, sign on to MyDrive and download your places. The coordinates will be buried in the file (it's pretty obvious when you see it).

Did I say crazy?