No world maps available

sue520
sue520 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Just got my go 520 wifi which was supplied by TOMTOM at a discount as my old tomtom is no longer supported. When i try and add a map there is no option for any other maps. What do I have to do to get these maps

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,835
    Superuser
    Hi @sue520

This is almost inevitably an account issue and they need to allocate the world maps to it..It happens occasionally. and means that when you click on Maps in Settings and try to add a map there are non to choose from.

As you don't say what country you are in below is a schedule of Customer Support numbers.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/988105/customer-support-phone-numbers/p1

It is possible that @VikramK may see this on Monday and sort your account out so it has the World Maps allocated and available for download. So keep an eye out here otherwise contact TT and they will be able to sort it out for you..

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @sue520

Welcome to the community!

Now when the device is connected to a WiFi internet, could you check or try adding maps?

Regards
    Vikram :)
  • Inovac
    Inovac Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @VikramK

I have the same issue - just bought a new, repackaged TomTom Go 520 wi-fi from Amazon. Only map option available to download on the sat nav device was North America (USA, Canada, Mexico), even though this device is intended to have world maps.

Is it possible to have the rest of the world maps uploaded to my account/device for free?

Kind regards,
    Irene
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,806
    Superuser
    edited June 2019
    Hi
    @Inovac

Yes the devices have the Map/s installed for the Sales area where the device was Purchased
    The Remaining World Maps are available to download from your Tomtom Cloud Account
    Note... You may have to install a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card 16GB or (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC for a Tomtom device)

With your device connected to the internet
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Maps --> Add a Map

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi...

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi®

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on the Your Wi-fi name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wifi) devices connected over Wifi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if myDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommend a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Updating your new NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here.....
    www.tomtom.com/getstarted
    Run MyDrive Connect.....
    Note... The NAV(5 Wifi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all of the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Note... MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wifi" etc
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wifi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC TaskBar

27bxc59f2s23.png
    ATB YFM

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,835
    Superuser
    Hi @Inovac

Should you find that when you go to the Add Map option advised by @YamFazMan that there are no maps listed then this is an account issue. If you contact Customer Support they will sort that out.

United States
    877-757-7137
    Monday - Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @Inovac

I have asked someone in the team to fix the subscriptions on your account.

Do a soft reset first and then check for updates.

Soft reset: Press and hold the on/off button till you hear the drum sounds.

The new map should be offered for download now.

Regards
  • Inovac
    Inovac Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @VikramK,

Brilliant!! Thank you so very much for the prompt solution! That fixed the issue. I noted all the other world maps were available after I performed a soft reset and installed a new speed camera update, which wasn't there yesterday.

@DougLap and @YamFazMan, thank you for your assistance as well! I did purchase a 32GB microSDHC to extend the memory capacity, but mine is a U1 not Class 10. I wonder if it will make a difference? It's due to arrive tomorrow so I will report back once I try it.

Kind regards,
    Irene
  • big
    big Posts: 1,712
    Superuser
    A U1 card is fine and is equivalent to Class 10