Device paired to phone but states Traffic not connected (pairing very odd)

dart250sp
dart250sp Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I've now spent several hours trying to resolve this, is there a fix?

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,846
    Superuser
    Hi @dart250sp

I will guess you may not have My Drive open on your phone.

Here are 2 videos to show you how to connect your phone so you can check if you have missed something.

For Android

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034286/get-data-hands-free-calls-and-smartphone-messages-using-your-android-phone-and-mydrive-app

For Apple

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034283/get-data-hands-free-calls-and-smartphone-messages-using-your-iphone-and-mydrive-app

Doug
  • Rheumatoid
    Rheumatoid Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    Have you enabled bluetooth tethering to allow it to use your internet connection. i do this rather than install the drive app which used to use a lot of battery.
  • dart250sp
    dart250sp Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for this info, but the phone is paired to the TomTom, but Data for traffic unable to connect.
    Phone Bluetooth tethering on still TomTom say unable to connect to data, hands free calls ok
  • CJO
    CJO Registered Users Posts: 40
    Prominent Wayfarer
    I was having a similar issue, the help desk advised that a full system reset was required to clear the issue - which it did.
  • SantaFeTom
    SantaFeTom Registered Users Posts: 34
    Renowned Wayfarer
    I had a similar issue with a go 620 wifi. The phone said it was paired with a generic bluetooth, the 620 said it was paired for hands free but not data. The solution was to not have any other connection (MyDrive Connect or wifi), during the pairing process. I then got data via bluetooth tethering. For my 620, I decided to not use bluetooth at all and instead turned on a wifi hotspot on the phone and connected to it. Our vehicles already had bluetooth handsfree so I didn't need it with the 620.
  • junkmail
    junkmail Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have this same exact problem and have tried everything and nothing works. I've done a reset on my Go 620, a factory reset, and reconnected the Bluetooth a million times.

Is anybody else having this issue? Has anybody found anything that works?
  • junkmail
    Apprentice Seeker
    Correction: the factory reset resolved the problem.

I was in my home with the TomTom connected to my WiFi when I tested the Bluetooth connection after the factory reset. I assume Bluetooth won't connect if the device is connected to WiFi because the next day when I drove to work the Bluetooth connection was stable and functioned as expected.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,846
    Superuser
    Hi @junkmail

You are correct in that if you are within range of your Wifi and the unit has connected too it then whilst the Bluetooth Connection is still there the Wifi takes over.

Doug
  • junkmail
    Apprentice Seeker
    That didn't last long. I'm having the same problem again. My Tomtom is unable to pair to my android phone via Bluetooth for traffic data.
    It is able to connect for calls and messages without any issues.

Any suggestions?