Out of memory

davipde
davipde Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
I have a Go 5000 and can no longer update as there is no memory available. I have the smallest Western Europe map installed (which I don't need, I just want UK and Ireland), and I have nothing to delete.
So what can I do?

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,818
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi
    @davipde

The Full Europe Map size 8.9GB exceeding the on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    For the larger Maps like the Full Europe map you need to install a Micro SDHC memory card
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card...The latest Full Europe Map is 8.9GB so a 8GB Memory Card is useless a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

vft63esuy9vo.jpg
    Maybe @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators will allocate a smaller Map to your Account
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device and the smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper'... This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running

ATB YFM
  • davipde
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks for that - I'll see what happens
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,787
    edited May 2019
    Hi @davipde

You contacted me through a PM as well :lol::lol:

I replied there but posting here again... UK and ROI should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram
  • davipde
    Apprentice Traveler
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @davipde

You contacted me through a PM as well :lol::lol:

I replied there but posting here again... UK and ROI should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.

Regards
    Vikram

Many thanks, Vikram. Problem solved!