i have a carminat and purchased 3 years live , however my sim is deactivated due to time lapse.

johnbod
johnbod Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
i have a carminat and purchased 3 years live , however my sim is deactivated due to time lapse. i have been refunded as then dont reactivate?? i have to contact a renault dealer . is this correct?

Comments

• Troubadix12
    Troubadix12 Registered Users Posts: 2,023
    Revered Voyager
    Hi johnbod,

welcome to the TomTom-Communtiy :)

How long is the SIM-Card unused? Maybe the TomTom-Support can reactivate it, if the time lapse isn't to long (I don't know if it was one, two or three years without use, when the SIM-Card is deactivate irretrievable).

Contact your renault dealer to insert a new SIM-Card, when this is happen.

If a change or reactivate is impossible, then call TomTom-Support to repurchase.

Regards

Troubadix12
  • johnbod
    johnbod Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    2015 it was last used and they suggest i contact renault, this is confusing as some have been reactiavted by tom tom.
  • TrevorMc
    TrevorMc Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    What is the effect of the internal SIM in a Carminat TomTom being deactivated? My alert + route instruction voice sounds have suddenly stopped but everything else is working fine. I've repeatedly trawled through settings, updated the software and backup/restored on TomTom Home and restored the device to factory settings but not making any progress.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,486
    Revered Voyager
    With the deactivation of the SIM card, you can no longer receive traffic information.

Have you selected a synthetic voice on your GPS