My GO 6100 GPRS wont connect. I have just updated the system after not using it for a few months. — TomTom Community

My GO 6100 GPRS wont connect. I have just updated the system after not using it for a few months.

I have tried all the suggestions on the discussion forum with no luck.
Messages -
TomTom Services:
Network Status - Not connected
Data Connection:
None
System About: GPRS Status
Disconnected (50516,3,0,11,0,0)
GPRS Model

Battery is fully charged
When TomTom is connected to MyConnect - the network shown connected.... but my PC is not in my car.. so not a solution

Any suggestions?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,903
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    HI @Peter911

Try a factory reset

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

You will lose all your data ie Favourites (My Places) , and Poi and Route files you have loaded via MyDrive. These should be restored back too your GO6100 after the reset Any Routes created on the unit will be lost.

You will be asked to enter your Wifi and MyDrive account details again. If you are not near your Wifi or don't have the wifi details handy you can do this later.

By the way it is recommended that when you do updates you do them one at a time and do them in the order Software updates then Maps then Voice finally Mapshare. Finally when finished with the unit on and disconnected from a PC do a Soft Reset. Ie Hold the ON/OFF button down until you hear the Drumroll sound then let the button go.

Hope this works

Doug