Avoid Motorways — TomTom Community

Avoid Motorways

SurfnsoundSurfnsound Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I have a trip planed with 2000 km, 30 hours (says MyDrive). It's on "fastest". I try to set AVOID MOTORWAYS but the software says "the distance between waypoints must be < 1000 km" to use the avoid motorways function.
  1. What are waypoints? I have 2000 km total and 10 stops. Yes, the total route in 2000 km, but each way point is only about 200 km.

How do you deal with this? Planning a vacation route often is > 1000 km. Google maps can easily give me all options on avoidances, why this limitation on MyDrive?

Unit: Rider 500

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 15,058 Superusers
    edited May 20
    Hi
    @Surfnsound

Don't shoot the messenger !!!
    But isn't, the obvious thing to do... Is split the journey in to sub 1000km sections

Unless you intend to to complete the whole journey in one go ??? Which as you are making 10 stops, your not... What would be the point of recalculating the whole journey, and entering the route mid route... When when after you have made the stop you won't be travelling the previous pre-stop part of the route again ???

Split the journey into manageable sub-sections

ATB YFM
  • SurfnsoundSurfnsound Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 20
    Thank you, that’s what I thought. But what is the concept of a ‘stop’? In this case it’s then rather via point.

For me, stops where overnight stops. I also need the distance between stops and I don’t find that neither.

All in all maybe I expected the software to be able to manage multi day planning. But the best thing might be to plan day by So it’s below 1000 km and I always have the daily distance. So ‘stops’ on the daily route are rather via points. Makes sense?

So: How do do you plan multi day trips?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,149 Superuser
    edited May 20
    Hi @Surfnsound

When I saw your first Post I tried on my TT units and the MyDrive website and App and could not replicate what you were saying .

However I have now spotted that this 1000km limit appears on the MyDrive website on the PC and in the App when you select Thrill for the route type. If you change the Route type back to Fastest it will calculate a route for you.

Doug
    @DougLap Also there is the limit on Fastest with Avoidance of Highways.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 3,149 Superuser
    edited May 20
    Hi @Surfnsound

How right you are. If Fastest is Selected along with Avoid Motorways it happens for all vehicle types

If you select Thrill as the route type, again for all vehicle types, then even if you have not set Avoid Motorways it still imposes the limit as Motorways are automatically excluded in Thrill Mode..

Doug
    Thanks Dough. So multi day trips: Each day their own trip plan?