What is Navcore and where do I get it — TomTom Community

What is Navcore and where do I get it

lindarobbins_2019lindarobbins_2019 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
I Purchased my new subscription last week, went to download via myconnect and in My Updates and New Items I get a message saying I need to install the Navcore Update - but where do I get the Navcore Update ?
I have 2 updates default ticked for update - Siracusa and QuickGPSfix .
If I try to update without Navcore it does start , but times out and says the servers are busy - if I click on the ? button I get taken to another website which says there is a problem and they are working on it - BUT IT HAS BEEN A WEEK NOW AND STILL NOT WORKING
Not only have I paid the subscription and have had no use for the past week, it came up expired on myconnect but last years subscription was paid in August which means that it was actually only 9 months into last years subscription - can I actually get some answers from Tom Tom - I NEED MY MAPS WORKING

Answers

• ZsoltZsolt Posts: 36,011
    Superusers
    Which device do you have? NavCore is the software of the satnav, which should be available via MyDrive Connect. Usually it has a number like 12.111 or 18.234.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,479
    Superusers
    Hi
    @lindarobbins_2019

Firstly try Logging OUT of MyDrive Connect (Screen Top Right) then log back in again with your Credentials... Simple but it has worked for many users

On the rare occasions that I have problems with MyDrive connect
    I use either.....
    Option... (1) Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    OR
    Option... (2) Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder

Option…(1) Delete MyDrive Connect using the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Download & install the free version of Revo Uninstaller
    Here...https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html
    Revo first uninstalls the Program... Then scans and removes all of the left over files a normal uninstall leaves behind

(1)... Uninstall MyDrive Connect Using the Revo Uninstaller
    (2)... Clear your browsers cache (Optional, but I find it helps)
    (3)... Restart your PC (Not Turn Off & Turn On again)
    Reinstall MyDrive Connnect (Without your device connected)
    Connect & Turn on your device... Login to MyDrive Connect

Option... (2) Delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder
    If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom\

If you delete the Home3 and the Mydrive Connect Folder it removes the Cache Folders & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml files and and force a reload of the Cache Data
    A new Home3 and MyDrive Connect and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

Method…..

(1)... Disconnect the SatNav from the PC and reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Press keys ‘Windows’ + ‘R’… To Open the ‘Run’ box
    (3)... Type into the ‘Run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter... A new window opens, delete the Home3 and MyDrive Connect folders
    (5)... Close all windows
    (6)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC and open ‘My Drive Connect’
    You will have to login again, as if you had just installed MyDrive Connect

ATB YFM