GO 500, after update with error. no data on go must instal owned card, can't reach — TomTom Community

GO 500, after update with error. no data on go must instal owned card, can't reach

my memory card om the device. i have restarted and formatted the card on my computer but can't reach it on my go.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    edited May 2019
    Hi @010154tomtom

Have you got a map on the internal memory of the GO500 if not then can I assume you are saying that it will not boot up. Does it say No Map Available.

If the unit is okay have you formatted the Card on your PC and if so did you do a Full Format rather than a Quick Format and did you format it to Fat32..

Doug
    Superuser
    HI @010154tomtom

If it is showing No Map found or available then the following may help.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

If the map you had on your unit before this happened was on your Extra memory then the above video will not help unless we get a small map added to your account which you can load on the internal memory. You can then add the Extra memory card and after it has been reformatted for maps then you can do as the video suggests .

Please advise which of the above is your situation.

Doug
  • 010154tomtom010154tomtom Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thank you, for your help,- it got me up off the hole i was fallen in
    kind regards
    jesper frost
    Superuser
    Hi @010154tomtom

Great to hear.

Doug