Urgent Rider550 Feature request

TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 57 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited May 20 in RIDER
Having been forced to trade up from the EXCELLENT Rider 2 I find the Rider 550 wanting.

1. The current means of making mobile calls appears to require a stable data connection and having already surrendered one's life to either Google or Amazon.

Solution: Copy the Rider 2 voice call system on to the Rider 550 and have a button.

Comment: Include a contacts manager/access feature driven from the screen. DON'T use the system as per the Go520 as is... it is dreadful. Far too easy to make a wrong call because each active screen touch area is too close to the next one. Plus is loads last call made on the mobile which could prove a compromise if seen.

2. No headset volume control.

Solution: Put the Rider 2 volume control back in. My headset allows other connections so level settings are already set.

3. I really hate the 'swipe' menu access. Very difficult with gloves.

Solution: Option to allow the old original "Peter Pointer" menu system where the user just prodded the thing to drill down though the menus. It is not a smart phone.

4. A SMART PHONE INTERFACE IS NOT THE MOST APPROPRIATE ON A MOTORCYCLE.

I could go on but I know "THEY" aren't listening.
Tagged:

Comments

• TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 57 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Guys,
    Just an update on the above regarding making calls via the Rider 550. On my trip up to Durham and beyond along the coast roads I found places where my mobile reported emergency calls only and no Internet.

I'm sure I'm not the only customer that leaves town and still wants to call home without having to get off, get undressed and find my mobile.

Hopeless!
  • EXPORTMANEXPORTMAN Posts: 633 Superusers
    If its reporting emergency call only . Not a lot of point in puling out your phone as this should say the same
    Born free, now in debt